1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root How to - Delete & Freezing of Apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gunny5821, Mar 7, 2011.

1. gunny5821

gunny5821 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    USMC Retired/Disabled
    Richmond, VA (USA)
    OK, my phone is rooted, I have installed "Super User" and "Busy Box", however, I still do not see a way to delete or freeze an app. Can someone show me the light on this.. Thanks!

Gunny

Advertisement

2. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member
    None

May 22, 2010
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    The easiest way to do this is Titanium Backup. You can delete apps there easily and if you want to freeze them, you have to buy the full version. You can uninstall apps with Root Explorer (paid app) as well. Titanium is the easiest of the free apps, I know of.

gunny5821 likes this.
  3. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    Got nothing to add other than a big Hello to Gunny! How you doing my friend!? Good to see you still around. xx

gunny5821 likes this.
  4. gunny5821

gunny5821 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    USMC Retired/Disabled
    Richmond, VA (USA)
    Hey Rosered.. Phone has been trucking right along. An amazing thing has happened actually. I don't know if you remember or not, but way back when, I rooted my phone and brought over the Nordic 2.0...504 firmware, which changed my X10a to an X10i. The understanding at the time was, since I changed my phone to an X10i, I would have to manually update my phone when and if updates became available.

Well then about 3 months ago, my phone told me an upgrade was available and upgraded me to 2.0...024 and then again today it updated me to 2.1 update 1 with multi-touch among other upgrades.. So, the best thing I ever did was root over to the X10i firmware.. Talk about things that make you go Hmmmm, LOL...

Have actually bought several apps, since I was so impressed by them. With the new update to 2.1, I can actually say I am enjoying my Xperia. I have no idea if the updates will o any higher, but heck I have 2 upgrades I never thought I would have ever received, so I'm ahead of the game at this point...

Glad to see your still here....xxxxx Gunny

rosered likes this.