• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to disable Ambient Display in Android 6.0.1?

garybeck

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2011
my screen comes on automatically all the time which results in many pocket calls and pocket texts. I need to disable this "feature!"

I did some research and found it is called Ambient Display and it is supposed to be in Settings > Display but it is not there on my phone!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! (Galaxy S5)

please tell me how I can prevent my phone from automatically turning the screen on all the time !

thank you
gary in vermont

why in the world would they not make this available in the basic version of android?

am I the only one that has a problem with the screen coming on when the phone is in my pocket, resulting in all kinds of things happening. sometimes it opens up the music app and starts playing a random song. sometimes it calls someone. it's all because the screen comes on every time I get a text or a facebook message.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones