• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to downgrade from 2.3.2 beta to original 2.2.1

margol1

Lurker
Mar 14, 2011
A few weeks ago, I upgraded my brand new Galaxy S from the original 2.2.1 to 2.3.2 beta. Assumingly, this caused disappearance of the mobile AP function. Since it is crucially important to me, I'd like to go back to the original firmware. Clear, I can't do it with Kies. Is there any other reliable way to do it ? Are there step-by-step instructions ? Thanks.

A few weeks ago, I upgraded my brand new Galaxy S from the original 2.2.1 to 2.3.2 beta. Assumingly, this caused disappearance of the mobile AP function. Since it is crucially important to me, I'd like to go back to the original firmware. Clear, I can't do it with Kies. Is there any other reliable way to do it ? Are there step-by-step instructions ? Thanks.

Hey there... you need to first flash XXJPU ( base version of 2.2.1) and then you can flash XXJPY which is the stable version of 2.2.1.. the process of flashing remains the same, you can find both the firmwares on Samfirmware.com
This process is tedious but that is the only way you can go back to stable 2.2.1.. Have done it hence I know..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones