• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to enable Mass Storage Mode?

Bizzy1

Feb 23, 2013
NY
My device isn't rooted. I accidently deleted some pictures and need to retrieve what I can. But for some reason I can't figure out how to put the s2 in Mass Storage Mode to recover the pictures deleted.

Anyone know how I can place my s2 in mass storage mode? Thanks for the help in advance.

My device isn't rooted. I accidently deleted some pictures and need to retrieve what I can. But for some reason I can't figure out how to put the s2 in Mass Storage Mode to recover the pictures deleted.

Anyone know how I can place my s2 in mass storage mode? Thanks for the help in advance.

Samsung changed and even removed USB mass storage mode on some versions of the S2. Many users of Sprint (sph d710) are using Air Sync, for example.

If on one of the other versions, these steps may apply (hoping other users of the S2 will chime in ;)):

1. Go into Android Settings
2. Select "More..." under Wireless and network
3. Select "USB utilities"
4. Tap on "Connect storage to PC"
5. Connect the GS2 to your computer
6. Tap on "Turn on USB storage"

Reactions: Doc
Upvote 0
Thank you Frisco for your help but i don't see an option of "more " nor "wireless and network"

i did a search online before asking the question and I found something about going to:

Settings>Developers Options>USB Debugging

then connecting the phone and pc with usb cord but this still didn't help either.

Upvote 0
Samsung changed and even removed USB mass storage mode on some versions of the S2. Many users of Sprint (sph d710) are using Air Sync, for example.

If on one of the other versions, these steps may apply (hoping other users of the S2 will chime in ;)):

1. Go into Android Settings
2. Select "More..." under Wireless and network
3. Select "USB utilities"
4. Tap on "Connect storage to PC"
5. Connect the GS2 to your computer
6. Tap on "Turn on USB storage"

Thank you sir..........;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones