• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to fix android.process.acore has stopped working

Ok I found the fix for myself. Uninstall Facebook. This is caused because of the the 1MB limit on individual contacts and their metadata. It spits out a TransactionTooLargeException when the sync happens with the contacts storage and it fails. And it happens because Facebook has access to your contacts in the permissions when you install the app. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
A SIMPLE SOLUTION: This worked on an ATT i337 running 4.4.2. I remembered disabling some apps just before turning off my phone the night before. I started re-enabling and when I got to my Samsung calendar the error messages stopped (they would pop up every 2 secs, so I had to do all this FAST, in between error msgs).

Go to SETTINGS - MORE - APPLICATION MANAGER - swipe left to TURNED OFF and try turning on each app, one by one. If any app is the cause of this error, the error will immediately cease, as it did for me. I wrongly assumed I could turn off the built-in Samsung calendar because I installed Google calendar (it is integrated with the OS on ATT phones).

I signed up to say Thank You Very Much!!! This solved my issue without having to lose any thing!!!

EDIT: In my case, it was the Calendar Storage that was turned off. Once I turned it back on, the constant repeating acore error immediately stopped!

Note: I am not sure what caused this to suddenly turn off. I had just removed a google account from the accounts list because of problems syncing and as soon as I removed it, the error messages began.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I joined because I care...that said, i resolved this error buy uninstalling Google + update...when I changed my Facebook account then is when I got the error....then I changed the profile on another social media account again I got the error...I'm saying its not Facebook related. Each time this occurred is when I changed a profile on a "Contacts synced " application. you kill the process that is effected and causing the exception when you remove the G+ update. This is what I found and repeatedly resolved with out having to undergo a major recovery procedure. Hope I helped

Upvote 0
I also had the same issue and i have resolved it

Try this, it may help you

Does this message starts showing up as soon as you reboot your phone?(check it)

If yes, there is probably a problem with some system app (since majority apps loading after reboot are system apps)

Mine was problem with dialer and contacts, open dialer and see if the message starts coming again frequently, if yes, your dialer is currupt

1- Uninstall phone app using jumobile system app remover(get it from playstore).. But for this your phone should be rooted otherwise u cannot uninstall system apps

2- Now you definitely need a dialer app.. Get it from playstore, i would suggest True Phone dialer and contacts (by hamster beat) a great app just like stock, install it and make it a system app with lucky patcher.

I hope this helps you.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with my galaxy s3..

Try going to settings>applications>running>all and scroll to "contacts" open it and choose "clear data" - then go back to "contacts storage" and do the same thing.

Your phone should now be working.

Try going to settings>applications>running>all and scroll to "contacts" open it and choose "clear data" - then go back to "contacts storage" and do the same thing.

Upvote 0

I was pulling my hair out with the APA message popping up immediately after I clicked it off on a new and rooted Samsung Note 3. I first tried deleting Facebook and Skype without success. Next I stumbled on your solution and it worked like a charm. Thank-you very much! You restored my sanity.

Upvote 0
OK, I too have tried several of the suggested solutions but the message keeps coming back. I did a factory reset and restored from a backup I had created 5 days ago. I cleared the data out of Contacts and Contacts Store. I reset App Preferences and App Defaults for good measure. My phone is not rooted and I don't think I should have to root it to fix this problem. I have not loaded any new apps recently nor have I made any configuration changes recently. The only thing that has recently changed is that several apps have updated. The really bad part is that I cannot make any out going call because the error message pops up as soon as I launch the phone app and then phone app closes. Contacts does the same: launches, error message, shuts down. I can answer incoming calls. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0
The REAL trick is to go to settings and DISABLE SYNC
You do that by going to settings -> accounts and sync -> disable auto sync (at the top of the list)
Now you can go forward and do the fault-isolation that will do the thing to your own phone without being a magician with your fingers....
On my case, I cleared also contacts data and cash as well as contacts storage data and cash and removed facebook
I am now syncing back my data and so far so good...

Upvote 0
Finally able to get message to go away. I just started removing apps from the phone, starting with A. (ie AAA, AARP, etc.). By the time I deleted the fourth app, the message went away. I don't know if removing a specific app fixed it or if it was some system thing. If you look at my previous post, you will see that I tried everything else. Would not be surprised if the offending app was AARP. Their often malfunctioning web site is pretty good evidence that their overall IT competence is rather low.

Upvote 0

Here it is Feb 2017, on my Sprint Galaxy S7e running Nougat Beta, I sideloaded the apk for Secure Folder and it sent my phone into constant FC's including acore. Googled and found this fix, since I had nothing to lose, I tried this! Thank you, it worked!

Upvote 0
OK, I too have tried several of the suggested solutions but the message keeps coming back. I did a factory reset and restored from a backup I had created 5 days ago. I cleared the data out of Contacts and Contacts Store. I reset App Preferences and App Defaults for good measure. My phone is not rooted and I don't think I should have to root it to fix this problem. I have not loaded any new apps recently nor have I made any configuration changes recently. The only thing that has recently changed is that several apps have updated. The really bad part is that I cannot make any out going call because the error message pops up as soon as I launch the phone app and then phone app closes. Contacts does the same: launches, error message, shuts down. I can answer incoming calls. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
same here for 2 days. started after outlook app.i can't use dialer or contacts. android process acore message pops up suddenly.
i checked acc sync settings.in Google acc, contacts details can't sync. unchecked but didn't help. but I'm sure its about sync contacts however. all solutions above don't work for me. i need help, out of ideas :(

Upvote 0
When i try to dial out i get this message android process acore has stopped working pls try again. Could someone tell me how i could fix this error and what could i have done for this to have happenned?
Much Appreciated.
farkyeah05!:D
I have a Nexus 7. The acorn message kept showing up. It was running Android 5.0.1. I upgraded to 5.1 and it went away. I did two more upgrades and it still does not show up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones