• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to fix android.process.acore has stopped working

The process acore problem has been around since 2009, it hasn't been traced to a specific brand, model or version of Android.

But it does often seem to trace to the data cache used by applications becoming corrupted.

Hard to find because instead of the buggy app crashing, it's crashing acore.

Here's troubleshooting from T-Mobile for a Samsung to back up the idea -

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-3304

Do you have any apps that strike you wonky? Sound boards or live wallpaper not from HTC, maybe for example?

I would hate for you to have go through adding apps one at a time to trace the problem, but I once did, and those examples are what hit me.

You can also backup all of your apps (MyBackup Pro) and consider a factory data reset, that will clear out everything.

Unfortunatley this is also what I had to do on my OnePlus 5, but it just corrupted everything even further. Acore keeps crashing ,I'm in the factory mode, but my phone asks for the password even though I haven't even set one yet. Even a nandroid backup couldn't save me.

Upvote 0
When i try to dial out i get this message android process acore has stopped working pls try again. Could someone tell me how i could fix this error and what could i have done for this to have happenned?
Much Appreciated.
farkyeah05!:D
It doesn't work for me. I have a Lenovo P1ma40 (Lenovo VIBE). Can you please tell me how to resolve this Error?
Android ver: 5.1
Hardware ver: H401
Thanks. :oops:

EDIT: Fixed by deleting the ERROR app... And REBOOTING!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones