• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get Facebook numbers into my phone's contact list

anthonymd13

Lurker
Jun 19, 2010
Hi all,
I'm new to the android OS and I got a Hero two days ago. Is there anyway to get all my facebook numbers into my people list? I have the facebook phonebook link on my homescreen with the my contacts with their numbers but they are not in my people list so i cant directly send a text from the facebook phonebook I can only call, so is there anyway to merge/import to my people list on the phone

Thanks, Anthony

I don't know if this works for all phones, but on my HTC Incredible, when I am in my contact list I can press theft menu button and one of the menu options is "View". When I press that, it brings up a screen with checkboxes, one of which is Facebook contacts with phone numbers. When I check that box it adds my Facebook friends to my contacts.

Hope that works for you.

Upvote 0
With Android 1.5 (that the Hero comes with) you cannot get facebook numbers into People (only picture and birthday), you can only add the facebook number widget to your home screen.

With Android 2.1 you can add your facebook numbers (and other details) to People. The Hero 2.1 update is rolling out now so you should get it in the next month or so or you can already upgrade to a custom ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones