• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [How to] get Google play on LT7033

I wanted to confirm for ya...I'm having the same problem. Only Rovio app I've got to work so far was Bad Piggies.

I've been following the LT7033 threads since I got mine back on Black Friday, never posted because always felt like it was over my head (re: never rooted anything before), but you guys are great!

Shout out to mavrikmeercat...hows your custom coming? Any chance you could check these Rovio apps and help us out?

Its not just our tablet.. Check out the reviews in the market. I had this problem about a month ago and saw that it was due to their latest update.. I found out that you can still get the previous version from Amazon. That did the trick. Don't update it once you have it working.

The lt7033 I have is for my 5 year old daughter. It was my alternative to buying her one of those rip off, battery consuming, $10.00 per app, so not worth it leap pads.. And with the ROM I built running on it, its pretty snappy I must say. And she freaking LOVES angry birds so naturally, I had to fix it :rolleyes:

ROM IS DONE!! Been working exclusively on CWM so we can all make backups and flash ROMs. Found some guys over in XDA working on some similar rk29xx devices so I'm in contact with them for what they have so far. Its taking longer than expected but we'll get it. Eventually... ;)

Edit: the wife bought me a 32gb Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 WiFi for Christmas so yeah I know what you mean about a higher end device being much smoother..

Upvote 0
The lt7033 I have is for my 5 year old daughter. It was my alternative to buying her one of those rip off, battery consuming, $10.00 per app, so not worth it leap pads.. And with the ROM I built running on it, its pretty snappy I must say. And she freaking LOVES angry birds so naturally, I had to fix it :rolleyes:

ROM IS DONE!! Been working exclusively on CWM so we can all make backups and flash ROMs. Found some guys over in XDA working on some similar rk29xx devices so I'm in contact with them for what they have so far. Its taking longer than expected but we'll get it. Eventually... ;)

Ah, the kids...we picked up 4 of these...one for myself, and then the 15-year old, the 11-year old and the 6-year old...I am very interested in an Angry Birds fix for the same reason :) Is there something specific that can be done to make these apps work...something enabled in your ROM that's not present in the as-is-rooted tab?

Now for the noobish questions...you've got a ROM done, but the only way to transfer it is through CWM? Sorry I'm not familiar enough with the processes...CWM is device specific, right? And the ROM would end up packaged in a .zip file? There's no easy way for an uneducated like me to get to where you're at, but is that what's being worked on? Thanks for all the contributions...

Upvote 0
The Curtis Klu LT7033 is very similar to the Proscan PLT-7035 series (both are from same company and except the fact that it has 1 GHz instead of the 1.2Ghz processors of the 7035's).

All those tablets have the Rockchip RK2906 so for all things like root, play store, CWM etc. visit my thread (link below) at xda-developers.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37221496&postcount=4

The company website has the firmware up in zip format (also contains the explanation and walk through for firmware upgrade)

http://www.curtisint.com/html/custservice/manuals/CUR_LT7033_FIRMWARE.ZIP

Statutory warning: Follow all the remaining steps in my posts in thread at your own risk. It worked fine for me - so neither the forums or me are liable in any sort of way for any damages whatsoever that you may bring upon yourself.

All the best. :)

Upvote 0
Apparently there are several different versions of the LT7033. Back before Christmas, I won a Klu LT7033 as a door prize at my office Christmas party. I found these forums as a result, proceeded to root it per the instructions here, but could not get the Google Market to run properly. This particular device had a small thin outer bezel, and was not rooted out of the box, and would only charge with the AC adapter.

As luck would have it, about 2 weeks after getting it, something happened with the display and it became all washed out and unreadable. So my co-workers returned it to the store for an exchange. I got a Klu LT7033 back, but it is not the same device. The outer bezel is wider, almost like a Kindle Fire HD, and all the buttons are different. This device appears to charge from the USB port (it states that it is charging when it is plugged it) and it also has an AC adapter for charging. This new device was also rooted out of the box, and had a root file manager already installed. Getting Google Play to work was extremely simple. I downloaded the APK, and pasted it in the \system\app folder and rebooted. That was it. I have never been so glad something broke in all my life because I got a better device in the exchange (or so it seems so far).

As such, I would take the instructions you find here with a grain of salt because you do not know which version of the device the instruction giver has. It could very well be different than yours.

Just my experience.

EDIT

Upon further review, when I go to Settings>About Tablet the Model Number is listed as GT704. I do not see LT7033 anywhere.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
The Curtis Klu LT7033 is very similar to the Proscan PLT-7035 series (both are from same company and except the fact that it has 1 GHz instead of the 1.2Ghz processors of the 7035's).

All those tablets have the Rockchip RK2906 so for all things like root, play store, CWM etc. visit my thread (link below) at xda-developers.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37221496&postcount=4

The company website has the firmware up in zip format (also contains the explanation and walk through for firmware upgrade)

http://www.curtisint.com/html/custservice/manuals/CUR_LT7033_FIRMWARE.ZIP

Statutory warning: Follow all the remaining steps in my posts in thread at your own risk. It worked fine for me - so neither the forums or me are liable in any sort of way for any damages whatsoever that you may bring upon yourself.

All the best. :)

I have confirmed that fun_'s generic CWM method does work fully on this tablet as well!!! now we have CWM finally!! ;)

Upvote 0
I'm onlyposting instructions for Lt7033 variants. If you want instructions for your device go here:
CWM-based Recovery for Rockchip | androtab.info

WHAT YOU NEED
1.)A rooted LT7033
2.)Download this from your tablet:
http://files.androtab.info/rockchip/rk2918/20130120/RK29GENERIC_CWM.zip
2.)ES file explorer or root explorer
3.)Terminal Emulator

Instructions
1.)In ES or root explorer, go to /sdcard/download/ and extract RK29Generic_CWM.zip.
2.)Go to that extracted folder and multi-select flash_image and recovery.img
3.)hit the copy icon to copy them
4.)after copy, move up to root or /
5.)open the folder /dev and paste both flash_image and recovery.img in /dev/
6.)close root exploere/ES
7.)Open terminal emulator and run these commands one at a time hitting enter after each one. misspelling or mistakes here can brick your tablet so get it right!!!
[HIGH]su (hit enter)
chmod 755 /dev/flash_image (hit enter)
/dev/flash_image recovery /dev/recovery.img (hit enter)
reboot recovery (hit enter)[/HIGH]

note: you dont need to disable install_recovsh as fun_ instructed in his post because ours doesn't re-flash stock recovery on reboot..

Reactions: SuperNoober
Upvote 0
I have confirmed that fun_'s generic CWM method does work fully on this tablet as well!!! now we have CWM finally!! ;)
Yup. Great work by fun_ - glad you joined the bandwagon of CWM-ers because I am yet to see one for the Samsung Galaxy Pro (GT-B7510 that I bought from overseas) and a lack of cyanogenmod for it is frustrating.
Is there an official upgrade for your LT7033 to stock JB 4.1.1? If not you could try Oma's unofficial JB rom ;)

vulcanise / mavrikmeercat

What method did you use to load the cwm software? Fun's website lists 5 different methods for installation, which one did you have success with?

I went the adb route because popping it on SD card did not work for me.

:)

Upvote 0
I am very interested in an Angry Birds fix for the same reason :) Is there something specific that can be done to make these apps work....
Google it and use older versions of the Angry Birds apps - it works - and don't update it from play store ;)

Not meaning to derail the thread here - I also see that you have Samsung Exhibit II listed on your devices. My wife has one of those and I recently put the "Slim Bean" rom on it - FANTASTIC to say the least.

Check out the various available ones DroidViews | Best Custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G T679

^^ Above link is EXCLUSIVELY for Samsung Exhibit ll 4g aka t-679 from t-mobile :)

Reactions: ImLovinIt
Upvote 0
Hello.. I feel really dumb even asking this after reading down thru this page.. here goes I also have the 7033. got it as a gift. I do not have wifi in my home as of yet. but i do have a desk computer. saw that it came w a usb connector. the small end of course goes into the 7033 an the large end is supposed to plug into my computer? i thought this might get me online an i would be able to download. but this USB thing is weird. it is like inside itself. the only way i got it plugged into something was to unhook my usb for my mouse from my computer an plugged the end of that into the usb for the 7033. the 7033 usb wont plug just into a usb port on my computer. that is just the start of my trouble.. but can someone help me with this one first.. then i will move on.. lol// thank you so much

Upvote 0
the small end of course goes into the 7033 an the large end is supposed to plug into my computer? i thought this might get me online an i would be able to download. but this USB thing is weird. it is like inside itself. the only way i got it plugged into something was to unhook my usb for my mouse from my computer an plugged the end of that into the usb for the 7033. the 7033 usb wont plug just into a usb port on my computer. that is just the start of my trouble.. but can someone help me with this one first.. then i will move on.. lol// thank you so much

The part that you are speaking of is the adapter. It has many uses but is mainly so that you can connect to a usb keyboard. You need to use the actual long cable to connect to a pc.

Upvote 0
I tried some known apk's that work for Ice Cream Sandwich and when i start it i get force close. There is a market installed called SlideMe, but I do not want to use anything besides amazon or google play. Paid $50 for this thing and it's proving to be getting what you pay for. Edit: Just tried Amazon and I was able to get this to work without doing anything special other than allowing 3rd Party Apps

I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO INSTALL THE REAL GOOGLE APP STORE ON MY CRAPPY KLU TABLET. (NO ROOT)

My $50 Klu tablet gave me the same problems like everyone else with the "Slide-Me" and "amazon" app stores. Force close, yada yada.

It turns out it just comes down to a simple download that needs installed to the tablet. Follow these steps...

Normally you could by rooting you tablet and push the necessary google apps, but there`s a method that doesn`t require root. This may or may nor work for you but it`s got a high success rate. Go ahead and download the following zip file:

http://dploy.in/downloads/2

(Note: I have also attached the 4 pre-extracted files to this post, just in-case the link fails.)

UNZIP THE DOWNLOAD FROM THE PC FIRST (I used winrar), to reveal 4 individual files, and place them in your tablet`s internal memory. (I tried to use the USB cable to transfer them to the tablet at first, however there was no driver for my computer access the tablet.. I over-came this by emailing the downloaded files to myself using gmail, then I downloaded the files to my tablet from the gmail app. Using a file browser app, browse to and install the 4 extracted apk files in this order:

1. GoogleServicesFramework-signed.apk
2. OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk
3. SetupWizard-signed.apk
4. com.android.vending-3.1.3-signed.apk Reboot when done and you should be asked to sign in to google account if it worked.

When I tried this, the first file would not install after being clicked because the tablet said it already had the same file installed. I just skipped it and installed the next 3. After restarting the tablet the google app store appeared. PROBLEM SOLVED.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• 1. GoogleServicesFramework-signed.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
  • 2. OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk
    7.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 3. SetupWizard-signed.apk
    438 KB · Views: 85
  • 4. com.android.vending-3.1.3-signed.apk
    3.2 MB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
Have any of you guys been able to successfully apply the jelly bean update for the 7033D yet? I've been trying for like the last three days..linux, windows 7, windows xp, ... I for the life of me cannot get this thing into flash mode..at least I'm guessing thats the problem. The powered on android drivers install fine, adb recognizes it. I was able to adb remount and get play store and modded gapps on it, as well as root, just can't seem to get this update on it. I noticed that there is an update option from within android, but I haven't been able to figure it out. I've been digging for days. I've tried the unbrick/restore guide and several others, with countless drivers, and still nothing:mad:

EDIT - If a mod sees this, I intended on putting it in the Unbrick/Return to stock thread. Would you mind moving it for me? I think you'd agree it's kind of out of place here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones