• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to install cm6/7 (comprehensive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Download it straight to your phone. It should be done before you leave.
If he has Metro like we do he'd be lucky to be able to have it fully download without it cutting off. Data is so insanely unstable. -.- Stock, Rooted, Icarus, cm6, cm7, Doesn't matter if it's Metro service. LOOOL

Now if he can attach himself to an open wifi, That would be spectacular!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
All there 2 cm6 on the list, CyanogenMod 6.1.1 Alpha - Prepaid Android and http://uploading.com/files/721418e1/cm6-ascend-04162011.zip/ (cm6) so witch one do i download? plus i don't understand about the folders, and rename this one and put this one there. I don't want to sound stupid, its i want do it right the first time. I really don't want to brick my phone.

the newest one is 04212011 just released today, the first one is a link to take you to the wiki to download the latest. Make sure to get your gapps from the wiki as well because the one in the guide is the old version of the market.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
No problem, he fixed it so the metro people dont have to flash the mms fix.
He/Toke/Me and a few others figured out how to do that too before he sent out this new rom. The same fix for cm6 is for 7 too. Just a change in the APN. Pip is so sweet though to make sure people don't have to do all the hand work themselves. <3

Upvote 0
Well i did the plug in the phone to the pc and all i see on the screen is
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipedata/factory reset
wipe cache partition

where is the backup? what do i do next?

It should say Back up/ Restore there.
-Install zip from Sdcard
-backup and restore
-mounts and storage
Do you not see these options?

Upvote 0
Back with the green android guy next to a triangle with ! in the middle and all the texted is blue.

What version of clock work mod are you attempting to flash? If it's 2.XXX it will be black with green text. If it is 3.0.2.4 it will be black with orange text. Until you see either one you will not be given the option to back up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones