• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to: Manually apply Froyo 2.2 (3.26.651.3) update

Clear seems to be on the verge of striking a deal with Radio shack, Best buy and Target-for future tower locations..

Clear is close to possibly reaching a roaming agreement with smaller local Wimax operators in the US..

T-mobile may come on board for LTE and Wimax partnership but not a buy out..

Rumors
Interesting.
I wonder if that rumor falls in the same spot as the Walmart one. (which has yet to happen) Hope its true.
As for the T-Mobile one, that will fall in line with the T-Mobile/Sprint merge one floating around

anyway back on topic. :D
New rumor the 2.2 update may be delayed..
I wonder if its because us unofficial beta testers found issues and they are going to fix them but can't before the Aug 3 date..

TS

Upvote 0
For froyo gang - factory reset is under Settings -> SD & phone storage.

Got everything restored, I'm no issues - except - the clock/weather widget in sense no longer shows weather - and it doesn't recognize my city any more, just the closest big town. But hey - at least the clock no longer thinks I'm in Boise!

As to the other topics here, I presume this is old news, but just in case not:

Clearwire Corp - News Room - News Release

Clearwire + Best Buy ? FTW : FTF -- you decide.

(Edit - if I tell the weather side of the widget to use the closest big city instead of my location - it works. This is a problem at accuweather.com, the only thing the widget does wrong is to use such a lousy weather site for info.)

Reactions: jamesdean
Upvote 0
Far as the rest of you that think you have the 'final' 2.2, think again, Twitter / HTC: Please be aware any update ... and also,
thumb_550_htc-update.PNG

New rumor the 2.2 update may be delayed..
Are you making this up or you have a link to provide?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones