• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to remove specific apps?

has anyone figured out how to remove latitude and places? they're not listed in the system apps folder. also I'm debating on wether or not to remove talk. how does it compare to other face chat apps? also is it safe to remove downloadproviderui.apk? I dont need or want this shortcut to downloads.

has anyone figured out how to remove latitude and places? they're not listed in the system apps folder. also I'm debating on wether or not to remove talk. how does it compare to other face chat apps? also is it safe to remove downloadproviderui.apk? I dont need or want this shortcut to downloads.

you can always freeze an app, but anything Google woundn't be safe to remove, atleast if you freeze it and the phone acts up you can factory reset it and all will be good again. (IMO)

Upvote 0

To get rid of places and latitude you have to get rid of maps. Theyre apart of Google maps thats why theres no apk and also no apk for the google nav.

Dont delete google talk. Its used for the Market. Alot of people say you can delete it and alot say you cant and a lot say its a pain in the a$$ to get back on the phone since Google talk isnt even in the market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones