• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to root Samsung Stellar

I don't believe it....it's gone from my PC! I'm really sorry about that.

OK, calling those who have the phone still working: we need a Verizon tool launcher program that's inside the phone. I don't remember exactly what the USB mode was but if you went to USB settings, there's a setting that when connected to USB, a CD image inside your phone will be read and you can install some Verizon updaters on your PC. We can use the installers on that CD image!

Upvote 0
Good. This will make it easier.

The first post has the link you need for the tools to root the phone.

The 10th post (my post) has some extra advice. Please stop when it says to stop or you will for sure BRICK your phone...stop at step 7.

I got your PM but I don't see the link anywhere.. my work place got totally rushed yesterday so we didn't close till later than usual

Edit: So like I messaged you I have installed that software the "Repair Device" option in the software won't seem to work no matter how I boot the device nor download mode or recovery; however I have access to the phone through ADB I can get into the shell and push/pull files I'm going to post the build.prop and maybe you guys can figure out what's wrong I changed the lcd density back to 240 which is what it was set to originally by samsung but it still goes to a black screen, I'm almost wondering if more then just the build.prop got ruined or not.... eitherway take a look and tell me if you can figure it out. :D

Had to upload it as a zip because the forum gave me the error "build.prop: Invalid File"

Attachments

• build.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 0
Can you use ADB to get Romdump to dump your recovery? If I can get into my phone I may be able to give you my build.prop.

I mean sure I could but I don't know how useful a rom of a semi-bricked phone is going to prove useful.

Edit: Oh you want the recovery not the actual firmware, I don't really know how to use romdump, do you have some sort of messenger like skype to help this go by faster I have to work in an hour.

Upvote 0
OK people: here's a tip I've received from an XDA developer expert:

a quick and dirty explanation (need root)

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/output.img
this will save the partition mmcblk0p1 to output.img

now, to determine what partitions are
on my device its:

Code:
ls -l /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/
but you're scheme and directory structure there might be a little different, so adjust accordingly

Longer Version:

http://www.darkyrom.com/index.php?t...o-guide-to-dump-entire-s3-data-with-adb.8059/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones