• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How To Root Your Samsung Avant

I unlocked imei from metro pc to use it with a Peruvian sim Carrier , but now I flashed with a tmobile firmware and had blocked red :( I have to paid again to unlock the imei again? Does anyone has the same problem?
I do have the same problem as you. I paid for the unlock code under Metropcs. But When I flashed tmobile i found I did not need to unlock. But recently I wanted to use other sims so I reflashed metropcs and it unlocked with the code fine for me to use tmobile as provider. Since I liked the tmobile firmware I reflashed tmobile and now I can no longer use Cricket SIM. It does not even ask for me to enter the code. the it just blocks the SIM for registering to the network. Noway to get to the unlock screen so i can try to enter the Code again under Tmobile firmware.
I will not pay again $20 for another code. I'm flashing back metro firmware and will use that. It does not really make much difference to me. But I was prefering tmobile firmware. If you decide to buy a code and it works please let me know that or if yoiu find another way to get the unlock screen to pop up so you can try the Netword code ...let me know.

Update:
Just finished flashing back Metropcs. No need to even enter the code. It's back unlocked again.

Last edited:
Reactions: codyedmonson
Upvote 0
Hello... I would like to root my avant however I cannot get the device into download mode because my home button doesn't work anymore. My toddler likes chewing on it when I'm not looking... is there any apk or one click root I can use? What about adb?
Sorry but there's no way to root without a pc and Odin.

Upvote 0
Greetings,
I am considering rooting my Avant but I have some concerns.

My phone's PDA build is listed as G386TUVU1ANK3. Since the original root process Masterchief87 posted is made to work with G386TUVU1ANG6, could there be problems?

Second, I don't want to use that method, I would like to use the TWRP flash port Shabbypenguin created.

My reason for rooting is simply to install the Xposed Framework.
As a test, I rooted my L9, and everything worked fine until I installed Xposed on that phone, resulting in an unfixable soft-brick. (I didn't have a custom recovery)

Since I will be installed the TWRP custom recovery, do I have anything to fear as long as I create a backup with it?

Upvote 0
Greetings,
I am considering rooting my Avant but I have some concerns.

My phone's PDA build is listed as G386TUVU1ANK3. Since the original root process Masterchief87 posted is made to work with G386TUVU1ANG6, could there be problems?

Second, I don't want to use that method, I would like to use the TWRP flash port Shabbypenguin created.

My reason for rooting is simply to install the Xposed Framework.
As a test, I rooted my L9, and everything worked fine until I installed Xposed on that phone, resulting in an unfixable soft-brick. (I didn't have a custom recovery)

Since I will be installed the TWRP custom recovery, do I have anything to fear as long as I create a backup with it?
The root method I linked to still works on the newest G386TUVU1ANK3 and G386T1UVU1ANK3 firmwares. You can use the same procedure to flash TWRP. If youre just wanting to install TWRP, root your phone, and install xposed framework then you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

Upvote 0
Wow thank-you both so much for that swift reply! That's a relief to hear that the other method would work fine also. Although, I don't quite follow what axceus is saying. Do you mean to ask why I would want to install the Xposed Framework?
Just a quick question, with the l9 have you trued the disable xposed on boot up method to unbrick it?

Upvote 0
Here is a link to a web page with download links for the files needed and instructions for how to root your T-Mobile or MetroPCS Galaxy Avant.
Edit: In step 4 they get the button combo for download mode wrong. To boot into download mode turn the phone off completely then press power+volume down+home for 3 to 5 seconds, then press volume up at the following screen to confirm.
http://androidxda.com/root-samsung-galaxy-avant-sm-g386t
This method works for both the T-Mobile Avant(SM-G386T) and the MetroPCS Avant(SM-G386T1).
Since we now have TWRP recovery thanks to @Shabbypenguin you can also root by downloading and flashing TWRP, then booting into TWRP and flashing the newest SuperSU zip. You can find TWRP herehttp://androidforums.com/index.php?threads/887861/ and you can get the newest SuperSU zip from herehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

You are flashing this at your own risk and are solely responsible if anything may go wrong. Rooting your avant will trigger Knox and permanently void your warranty. If you are at all unsure of what you are doing it is best to do some research. Make sure your battery is well charged and that you use a good usb cable with no defects. You do not want the flashing process to be interrupted.

Upvote 0
The phone has no stock recovery and I didn't install a custom one on it. :L
You don't need a recovery, during the boot animation press either the volume buttons a bunch or the screen lock button, you should feel it vibrate after the first successful button push, after you feel that press that same button over again about 4-5 times I think. And it will disable exposed on boot, its something the dev put into xposed a while back. Hope this helps

Upvote 0
You don't need a recovery, during the boot animation press either the volume buttons a bunch or the screen lock button, you should feel it vibrate after the first successful button push, after you feel that press that same button over again about 4-5 times I think. And it will disable exposed on boot, its something the dev put into xposed a while back. Hope this helps

I can't find the exact combination. Any idea on where you saw that?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The phone has no stock recovery and I didn't install a custom one on it. :L
Every phone has a stock recovery. Have you tried this? It says to hold down power, home, and volume down for about 8 seconds and it will do a factory hard reset. If that doesn't fix it there should be a way to fix it by flashing the firmware with a program similar to Odin. My last device was an LG and I'm familiar with the process.
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5771
Sometimes a factory hard reset is good enough to get your phone working again When Xposed causes a problem. If a factory reset is not enough to fix your problem I can probably find you the firmware for it along with instructions for flashing it if you can tell me the model number and which carrier it was for. I'm guessing T-Mobile but I'd want to be sure. The baseband or build number would also be helpful.

Attachments

• 1430982440671.jpg
    1430982440671.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 1430982457931.jpg
    1430982457931.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones