• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to switch between ROM's

Their .tar files, similar to RAR in that they are archives, but a much older format. Your computer is set to have WinRAR open .tar files, hence the icon, b/c that is the default WinRAR icon for .RAR / .tar archives.

OK, so the name 8and* the number of files indicate that this is a backup of sorts, not a different ROM - where did you get this, or is this your own backup?

it it ain't your own, and you don't implicitly trust the person you got it from (as in with your life) then I highly suggest that you not install it....

Upvote 0
You are the man! I changed the name and it worked. Thanks so much! I would like to know what is your personal favorite ROM right now? I'm pretty simple I would like good battery life, the new 2.1 features, and those kinds of things. I don't really need live wallpapers or to overclock my phone to 1.2ghz. Any ROMs you would suggest based on that criteria?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones