• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Sync the Samsung Calendar with Outlook

Gracie Lu

Lurker
Jan 29, 2016
I've having a difficult time linking/syncing the Outlook Calendar on my desktop computer to the Calendar on my phone. I have already added my Live.Com email so that I can view that. (I do not wish to use Google calendar or use google to sync.) Does anyone know how I can, or would I have to purchase a program like CompanionLink?

Thank you

Yeah, it sucks that you're caught up by the increasing animosity between Google and Microsoft. When Microsoft opted to move to EAS (Exchange ActviveSync) and Google choose to only partially support it, that left a lot of consumers being screwed. If you're committed to staying with Outlook your options are to either buy a paid Google apps account (Google does support EAS for paid accounts but not for free Gmail users); or try syncing your Calendar and Contacts through an Outlook.com account; or pay for something like that CompanionLink service.
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync-outlook/syncing-outlook-with-an-android-smartphone/

Upvote 0
Have you tried syncing another email's calendar?
Seems to be a server issue to me...
Remove your current email and add another email with calendar events.
See if it appears on your Calendar.
If so, you have a server issue with your primary email host.

I have in the past, tried to sync up my Yahoo calendar with limited, and very sporadic results.
Jorte claims that they can sync with yahoo, and to give credit where it is due, the developer emailed back/forth with me about 3 times, and then he just "gave up" with a shrug.

It has something to do with Yahoo is always reformatting the way their site looks/works/interfaces, and that just absolutely ruins the sync process for apps.... I finally, after using Yahoo as my primary calendar via the web for over 20 years, just quit that calendar "Cold Turkey" and moved all of my alarms, etc... everything, to the Google Calendar. Took me a long time to keep two windows open and move week by week for the next two years until I have it all done.

I am now through with Yahoo calendar, it is trash as far as sync to anything else period. In fact, it is now trash totally because the removed all of the filters, all of the SMS alerts, all filters period.... unless I look at it to see what is going on today, it is of no value.... and I can't have that from my cellphone....

so, after more experimenting, here is what I have ended up with.

I keep Jorte Calendar running in the background. Never look at it at all, and the reason is "Jorte's display stinks to high heaven" impossible for 73 y/o eyes to even see the damn thing the print is so small.

My new favorite "display calendar" is now UpTo and it is gorgeous. Nice big fat fonts, large wall to wall, ceiling to floor, display so that I can see a whole month/week/day even w/o my microscopes on my nose. this is a huge benefit when at the Doctor's Office and they ask me "is the 30th of September okay for you?" and I can take a fast look in UpTo and say yup/nope as the case may be.

Jorte keeps it all sync'd up, UpTo shows me what is going on.

* Calendar by Jorte Organizer - Android Apps on Google Play

* Calendar * UpTo - Calendar and Widget - Android Apps on Google Play

the pair of these makes it all work for me.....
again briefly, Jorte will sync with anything in the world, except for Yahoo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones