• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to turn off 4G on your LG Esteem

I only get either 4g or nothing. Its like my CDMA isn't working or something. Its been like this for a while now. I have "anycut" and have it set to hybrid.

I can be with someone with the same phone in an area with no 4g and they still get at least 1x but I dont have anything. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Upvote 0
I only get either 4g or nothing. Its like my CDMA isn't working or something. Its been like this for a while now. I have "anycut" and have it set to hybrid.

I can be with someone with the same phone in an area with no 4g and they still get at least 1x but I dont have anything. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Whatever changes you made with Anycut need to be changed back is my thought. I go through the whole cycle based on area(no signal..1x..3g..4g) almost everyday. What was the hybrid setting supposed to do anyway-seriously I can't recall:thinking:

Upvote 0
Whatever changes you made with Anycut need to be changed back is my thought. I go through the whole cycle based on area(no signal..1x..3g..4g) almost everyday. What was the hybrid setting supposed to do anyway-seriously I can't recall:thinking:

In network settings on any cut there are 3 options. CDMA only, lte only, And hybrid mode which is CDMA and LTE. The hybrid mode is supposed to switch back and forth between the 2. If I set it toCDMA I don't get any internet at all. Anycut didnt cause the problem. I just found this thread and was trying to use any cut to solve the problem. It has been like this for months I just haven't Bothered with trying to figure it out.

Upvote 0
Just an FYI,, but I posted about this HERE back in February in THIS thread...

I'm sorta surprised there were no responses whatsoever about it.

Also to miamiparis, have you tried simply turning your data off & then back on??

settings > wireless networks > mobile networks > at the very top Data enabled

Make sure the box is checked & you should get data. It's different from Airplane mode in the sense that A.M. turns off everything:both data(1x/3g/4g) & phone service itself, meaning you can't even make calls. However, if you haven't already, that too may be an option to try, especially since it is 10x faster than restarting your phone.

Cheers!

Reactions: BRAINZ2013
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones