• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to unroot Infinix Hot 4 X557 Android 7

NiSob

Lurker
Jul 4, 2018
Hi,

I recently got my phone reset accidentally and some important images got deleted. Phone details:
Infinix Hot 4, Android version 7
Build number: X557-H807AD-N-171110V163
Model: Infinix X557.
Kernel Version 3.18.35+

I looked into recovery software and thought I'd give Dr fone (PC) a go. It successfully recognised the device and started the one-step root & recovery process. However, after a couple of minutes, it stopped with a message that it can't root this phone model and I should do it manually.

Hence, I have researched rooting of Infinix X557 and for my particular case of Android 7 I believe the following guide would work:

http://www.techvilaz.com/2017/05/how-to-root-infinix-hot-4-after.html

I haven't rooted my phone yet, as I know that the consequences shall not be favourable and until I unroot the phone it won't receive updates. Therefore, I am thinking of inquiring if anyone knows how to unroot my phone once it is rooted. I will then root my device, recover files and then unroot it.

Any help relevant to my case of Infinix X557 Android 7 will be much appreciated.

Reactions: adamumajeedplacid

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones