• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to work around upgrade problem?

bixler777

Feb 8, 2010
So Cal
I can upgrade my current phone (Eris) to an Inc2 at this point (15 months into a 2 year deal) if i go through Verizon....BUT....when i try to do so via Costco, or Amazon, I'm stiffled, as they tell me i have to wait until October (at which point all 4 of the phones on our family plan can 'upgrade'). I can get the phone now through Verizon @ $149, but HOW to get around the Costco/Amazon problem now without having to wait till October (and thus for the $79 price), as they only 'recognize' my upgrade date as October?

Add a line to ur account and put the incredible 2 on the eris # and put a featured phone(old phone) on the new line and its only 10 dollars a month extra to have the featured phone, and when the Eris # ends in 9 months I can just end the that # and put the incredible 2 on the new # sounds difficult but its really easy

Upvote 0
i've read about some verizon stores price matching? not too sure exactly how that would work but i believe a few people here brought amazon's pricing to veizon and were able to get them to price match

i tried that at 2 of my local stores, but no go. i'll try again at other locations though, as we have many of them around here.

thanks.

Upvote 0
Add a line to ur account and put the incredible 2 on the eris # and put a featured phone(old phone) on the new line and its only 10 dollars a month extra to have the featured phone, and when the Eris # ends in 9 months I can just end the that # and put the incredible 2 on the new # sounds difficult but its really easy

yes, i can do that.....but, after nine months, i would have paid $90 for nuttin, whereas i'm just trying to make up the difference between the $149 and $79 at this point and thus would be better off (by $20) just paying the $149 now.

Upvote 0
I can upgrade my current phone (Eris) to an Inc2 at this point (15 months into a 2 year deal) if i go through Verizon....BUT....when i try to do so via Costco, or Amazon, I'm stiffled, as they tell me i have to wait until October (at which point all 4 of the phones on our family plan can 'upgrade'). I can get the phone now through Verizon @ $149, but HOW to get around the Costco/Amazon problem now without having to wait till October (and thus for the $79 price), as they only 'recognize' my upgrade date as October?

Amazon's upgrade price is $149 ($79 is for new customers). Not sure on Costco.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones