• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC 10 now $600 until July 31st, thoughts on if I should buy.

D

Deleted User

So yesterday I broke my iPhone 6s Plus and bought the Samsung S7 Edge SM-935U United States unlocked version.

No carrier bloat, hopefully faster updates and so on, basic unlocked bonuses.

Well today the HTC 10 is on sell and it too is unlocked but has a smoother interface and faster updates by reputation. No one knows if the HTC 10 will update faster until it happens but it seems likely.

Should I return the $832, with tax, S7 Edge for the $632 HTC 10 with NDA shipping? It's about $200 I'll be saving and since the S7 came with a $75 gift card I don't imagine them asking for it back but if they do I didn't spend it so they can have it if necessary. So I could get a free $75 gift for trying it out.

Anyway things that I like on the S7 is camera, accessory support, screen, and battery.

Things I like about the HTC, potential for faster updates, smoother UI, speakers, less bloat.

What it really boils down to is display battery vs updates and UI fluidity.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones