• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Htc desire z, suddenly off and won't turn on

kkskhalid

Lurker
Nov 5, 2014
Running HTC DESIRE Z. Flashed about two weeks ago. My phone has been working fine except for the past few days where it's been constantly freezing, requiring a battery-out and turn on, and rebooting on it's own.

Last time it froze, I removed the battery and turned back on, and it got to the "htc" logo and froze. After ~25minutes, I took the battery out and tried again.

Phone seems completely dead, won't respond to power on, volume down and power on, no lights come on when charger cable is plugged in. When USB cable is plugged in and no buttons or anything on the phone is pressed, my laptop attempts to install drivers.

Tried leaving battery out for 30 minutes and trying again, but no luck.

but when i pressing UP Volume key with Power Key its vibrating 3 times and shows Red Light with continues blinking, but still won't turned on.

Any suggestions?

running htc desire z. Flashed about two weeks ago. My phone has been working fine except for the past few days where it's been constantly freezing, requiring a battery-out and turn on, and rebooting on it's own.

Last time it froze, i removed the battery and turned back on, and it got to the "htc" logo and froze. After ~25minutes, i took the battery out and tried again.

Phone seems completely dead, won't respond to power on, volume down and power on, no lights come on when charger cable is plugged in. When usb cable is plugged in and no buttons or anything on the phone is pressed, my laptop attempts to install drivers.

Tried leaving battery out for 30 minutes and trying again, but no luck.

But when i pressing up volume key with power key its vibrating 3 times and shows red light with continues blinking, but still won't turned on.

Any suggestions?
please help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones