• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC EVO 4G receives OTA update to 5.07.651.1

I'm wondering about Android version. I'm on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread.

If I accept the automatic update that comes up on the phone, will it update to a newer version of Android such as Honeycomb 3.x or Ice Cream Sandwich 4.x?
Thanks

no you will never see an official ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) OTA (honeycomb is for tablets only). the og evo has gone eol (end of life) so there is no longer support for the phone.

the only way to get ICS and even JB (Jelly Bean) is to root your phone.

Upvote 0
I'm wondering about Android version. I'm on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread.

If I accept the automatic update that comes up on the phone, will it update to a newer version of Android such as Honeycomb 3.x or Ice Cream Sandwich 4.x?
Thanks
It will, however, upgrade your Android version to 2.3.5. Still Gingerbread, but an updated version.

Upvote 0
Received my update two days ago and installed. The only thing that I noticed is that the option to view youtube videos through either the mobile youtube app or the web when a link is clicked is no longer available. Now if you click a link to a youtube video it defaults to the youtube site which sucks because the videos don't play smoothly when viewed through the website.

Ya...that and when I look up businesses on Google, and tap the button for direction, it only opens the web version of Google Maps instead of the Telenav app. Sux

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones