• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Evo's SIZE!!!! OMG!!!!

Errr whats are you talking about? Cell phones over 15 years ago were still WAY smaller than the Evo. Lookup motorola StarTAC.

The 4.3" screen on the Evo is still 480x800 resolution just like the Nexus One, Incredible, and other phones so all the bigger screen does it severely hinder portability.

That's right, I forgot, the StarTAC was such a great phone with all of its neat abilities. Let's see, it surfed the net, played videos, handled 30,000+ apps from the marketplace, was a video camera that recorded in high def, an 8 megapixel still camera, had a front facing camera, had GPS, and did just about anything you could ask a phone or small computer to do.

You win, the EVO is the biggest thing ever! I've changed my mind, I'm going with that tiny, slender, little Incredible after all. Because like I said before, 1/4 inch give or take is just too much more phone for me to handle.

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudas! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
It's just an optical illusion. We all have pretty small heads so it looks and feel big, but if you look at the HD2 next to someone with a normal or, dare I say, large head, it looks small.

Check the Evo in this hands-on with a ginormous headed guy:

zoolander.jpg

Upvote 0
Crow, Briankeith, or any other (verizon/incredible lovers) Anti EVO haters:

Please answer me this.

Are you really trying to say that the size difference on the EVO vs the Incredible is that significant? Seriously. I'll repeat what I have already said twice. You're telling me that 1/4 of an inch is that huge. Please.

Now I'm a reasonable man, but someone is telling me that the .2 inches of length, and the .3 inches of width, and the .03 inches of width, make the EVO some sort of behemoth over the Incredible? :rolleyes:

We're talking about a little less and little more than 1/4 of inch on the length and width, and less than a 1/16th on the thickness? I'll grant you that the 1.4 oz of extra weight is going to be an absolute killer for even the most seasoned athlete, but other than that, come on.
DO us all a favor and GO GET A FRIGGIN RULER and remind yourself just how big a 1/4 inch is.

Seriously if 1/4 inch is this big a deal to you, I'm going to have to start wondering what other sizes and lengths you are overly sensitive about. :eek:

Upvote 0
I'm definitely buying this thing, but lets cut the BS, it's a big phone.
I said it....BIG PHONE. You can piss on my face but don't tell me it's raining, so lets stop pretending here.

I'm also saying WHO CARES. Yes it's bigger then more or less any other phone its been compared to in pictures, but I want it because it's spec'd out to the max and it will be 4G capable and most importantly it's relatively affordable given what it offers. I don't care how big or small other phones are, they aren't the EVO and I want the EVO. That's all that matters.

Reactions: Headcase_Fargone
Upvote 0
I'm definitely buying this thing, but lets cut the BS, it's a big phone.
I said it....BIG PHONE. You can piss on my face but don't tell me it's raining, so lets stop pretending here.

I'm also saying WHO CARES. Yes it's bigger then more or less any other phone its been compared to in pictures, but I want it because it's spec'd out to the max and it will be 4G capable and most importantly it's relatively affordable given what it offers. I don't care how big or small other phones are, they aren't the EVO and I want the EVO. That's all that matters.

the pretending is that its size is an issue. it's not.

yes, it's big. no, it's not too big.

bigger is better. more is more; not less.

Upvote 0
Crow, Briankeith, or any other (verizon/incredible lovers) Anti EVO haters:

Please answer me this.

Are you really trying to say that the size difference on the EVO vs the Incredible is that significant? Seriously. I'll repeat what I have already said twice. You're telling me that 1/4 of an inch is that huge. Please.

Now I'm a reasonable man, but someone is telling me that the .2 inches of length, and the .3 inches of width, and the .03 inches of width, make the EV
DO us all a favor and GO GET A FRIGGIN RULER and remind yourself just how big a 1/4 inch is.

Seriously if 1/4 inch is this big a deal to you, I'm going to have to start wondering what other sizes and lengths you are overly sensitive about. :eek:

Yes, the difference in size between the Incredible and the Evo.is significant. I held the HD2 up to my Incredible, and it was very noticeable to me and to the t-mobile customers. It is a huge phone, no its and or buts about it. It's longer and wider, and in person, the difference is even more apparent. However, some people are fine with phones that large. For me, it was almost shockingly large, as to this day, I don't remember a phone that big. So, is it too big for me? Probably. Is it too big for you? Obviously not.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Errr whats are you talking about? Cell phones over 15 years ago were still WAY smaller than the Evo. Lookup motorola StarTAC.

The 4.3" screen on the Evo is still 480x800 resolution just like the Nexus One, Incredible, and other phones so all the bigger screen does it severely hinder portability.

I have to agree, a StarTAC was way smaller, but all it does is send and receive calls and doesn't do anything else. :)

Upvote 0
I've been checking on this because I'm also concerned that I won't like the size. The EVO is slightly larger (couple of mm in all directions) larger than the Droid and just about the same weight. I was playing around with a co-workers Droid today and think I can get over it.

Going to check out an HD2 and an Incredible tomorrow. Too bad I can do a side-by-side (different stores and all - Verizon vs. T-Mobile).

Upvote 0
i honestly think that bigger phones are going to be the new trend. in the days of razr glory it was all about making the smallest and thinnest thing possible... now we want bigger screens and more functionality so naturally the phones are going to grow a bit.

personally i'm a little torn... i have really large hands and really skinny jeans. i know it will fit fine in my hand but im not sure about it fitting in my pants comfortably.

Whynot just stop wearing emo jeans? Or do you want your evo to be emo? :cool:

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

Reactions: acp
Upvote 0
If it bothers you that much - you could always get one of these:

BRICK_phone.jpg

Oh wait you said the EVO was too big.. lol you must be a young'n

And this already is the smaller StarTac the Original was about 2 inches deeper on the battery end. I owned several of these one branded as Pioneer and they were dam good phones you could drive over these suckers and they wouldn't bust. In fact I still have one somewhere.

Upvote 0
Yes, the difference in size between the Incredible and the Evo.is significant. I held the HD2 up to my Incredible, and it was very noticeable to me and to the t-mobile customers. It is a huge phone, no its and or buts about it. It's longer and wider, and in person, the difference is even more apparent. However, some people are fine with phones that large. For me, it was almost shockingly large, as to this day, I don't remember a phone that big. So, is it too big for me? Probably. Is it too big for you? Obviously not.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

hand_blah_blah_blah.gif

Alright, fine, we get it. You think the Evo is too big for you.

If you're not interested in a phone that is "almost shockingly large," then why are you still here???

Oh, I know why... because you feel like YOU have to be HEARD! You have to toot your own horn about how much you hate the size of this phone. Well, that's nice... the rest of us don't agree with you and are fine with the size of the phone. Sorry we're not all rallying behind you and your revelations, raising you up on our shoulders, and cheering and chanting your name for enlightening us and show us the truth and the light.

did_i_say_that.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones