• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Incredible S stuck on white optus screen after update and factory reset. HELP!!

Hi All,

Im new to this forum, so please bear with me here :)

Hubby bought my Incredible S for me for Christmas last year. It worked perfectly till i updated it in May (when that afternoon it froze and wouldn't turn on) i sent it back for repairs after speaking to HTC. Took 3 weeks for it to return, they apparently replaced the hardware. Ever since it has played up. Freezing multiple times a day, resetting itself constantly also. Anyways, today i got the new update message. I thought, if i update it again, maybe all these problems would bugger off. Not so. It downloaded the update, reset itself then has been stuck on the white "Optus" screen since. I left it for a while, and it didnt do anything. So i took the battery out, reset it, and it does the same thing. Doesnt go any further than the optus screen. So i tried factory reset. Does the same thing. Tried multiple times, each time gets stuck on that screen. Anyone have any ideas what else i can do? Or is too far gone and i have to send it back AGAIN?! Not happy Jan :(

Hi Teresa! Just wondering how you got on with your phone? I'm having the exact same issues - freezes, resets itself all the time. did the available update last night now its stuck on the screen and wont turn on, tired the reboot options etc and nothing is fixing it. Funny thing is I bought the phone for my daughter for xmas last year too. Its still under warranty so I'll probably just take it back to Optus but if you found a solution I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones