• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Inspire Battery Experiences...

There is absolutely no way you guys got the same quality of battery as me. I have BARELY used my phone today.

I have screen at 20%, wifi is off, blue tooth is off, data syncing has only been turned on twice today. I am at 8 hours and have 40% of my battery left....

I DID NOT EVEN TAKE MY PHONE OFF THE CHARGER TILL ALMOST 3:00 TODAY...

You are at almost 14 hours of pretty heavy usages and EVERYTHING RUNNING while i am at 8 hours of light usage with almost NOTHING running and we have the same battery life left??

This almost confirms my suspicion that a batch was sent out with lemon batteries...

it could be I got two batteries in my box by accident lol Heres a suggestion let your battery drain to less than 20% shut it off tonight and charge it over night off. Then tomorrow am take it off the charger and use it REGULARLY use wifi let the phone sync all day etc and see the difference.

Upvote 0
it could be I got two batteries in my box by accident lol Heres a suggestion let your battery drain to less than 20% shut it off tonight and charge it over night off. Then tomorrow am take it off the charger and use it REGULARLY use wifi let the phone sync all day etc and see the difference.

I have been draining it down to about 2% every night and charging it all night since i bought it. The only thing i do different is i leave it on while its charging (its my alarm clock).

Upvote 0
I have been draining it down to about 2% every night and charging it all night since i bought it. The only thing i do different is i leave it on while its charging (its my alarm clock).

Leaving it on doesnt give it the same charge and going that low is only good once a month or so to recalibrate the cells. If you do it every night the phone software and battery cells wont be able to "learn and adjust' to your usage. Once at 19-20% you should charge powered off!

Upvote 0
OK update!

I let my phone get around 2% before charging last night. Turned off and charged to 100%. Unplugged at 7:00 am sharp. It's now 7:48 and my battery has drained 10%....

I checked emails, news feeds, friends stream, read about a chapter from the Art of War, and checked out some settings.

Can someone please confirm on how to set the display brightness.

Settings > Display > Brightness > I set it here but I don't have a percentage. It just gives me a bar to adjust.

At this rate I'm looking at a max of 9 to 10 hours out of my phone. I'm confused?

Upvote 0
I'm a little confused this morning. I downloaded batteryminder yesterday. When I was at 50% battery yesterday it told me I still had about 9 hours left on my phone (which I was obviously happy with). I made it till about 10 PM without even hitting the 15% low battery warning with really heavy use. This morning I am at 95% battery 1 hour 44 minutes after being unplugged. Batteryminder is now telling me that I have 5 hours and 39 minutes remaining with this charge. Are the configurations just off, because I haven't changed anything since yesterday?

Upvote 0
I'm a little confused this morning. I downloaded batteryminder yesterday. When I was at 50% battery yesterday it told me I still had about 9 hours left on my phone (which I was obviously happy with). I made it till about 10 PM without even hitting the 15% low battery warning with really heavy use. This morning I am at 95% battery 1 hour 44 minutes after being unplugged. Batteryminder is now telling me that I have 5 hours and 39 minutes remaining with this charge. Are the configurations just off, because I haven't changed anything since yesterday?

Getting the same weird feedback.

Upvote 0
Do it tonight. Start the cycling so you can improve

Should I do it to where I let the battery drain to dead for 3 days straight and then charge for 8 hours with the phone off?

Or should I do this other way that I read which was that you charge for 8 hours, turn off phone charge for another hour, use for 3-4 hours and then repeat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones