• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Inspire Battery Experiences...

Its ok to charge it before bed and leave it all night? Its ok to be left hooked up while at 100 percent most of the night?

I wondered the same thing. Notice the indicator light turns from amber (or red) to green when it hits 100% charge.

I assume the processor detects that its charged and disconnects the charging function to prevent shortening of the battery life????

I really don't know what i am talking about but thats what i have been told in the past...

Can anyone confirm?

Upvote 0
I wondered the same thing. Notice the indicator light turns from amber (or red) to green when it hits 100% charge.

I assume the processor detects that its charged and disconnects the charging function to prevent shortening of the battery life????

I really don't know what i am talking about but thats what i have been told in the past...

Can anyone confirm?

I charge it over night all the time and my battery life is stellar so I don't believe it hurts the phone

Upvote 0
I charge it over night all the time and my battery life is stellar so I don't believe it hurts the phone

Hopefully the battery lasts, haha I honestly dread having to have to try to open the battery cover again. Lol. But unlike my iPhone, at least I ahve the option to change a bad battery. The hard to remove cover is still easier than replacing a battery in an iPhone.

I wen't the whole day yesterday, from about 8am till 11pm with 1 charge. Made about a hour in calls, 40-60 SMS messages, listened to some music.

Today seems about the same, I'm at 45% remaining with similar usage. The battery life is not as good as my iPhone 4 was, but its tolerable. I know I'll charge the phone every night so it doesn't bother me that its at 10% by the end of the day.

Upvote 0
Hopefully the battery lasts, haha I honestly dread having to have to try to open the battery cover again. Lol. But unlike my iPhone, at least I ahve the option to change a bad battery. The hard to remove cover is still easier than replacing a battery in an iPhone.

Yea who wants to send a phone away although I never sent my phone out

Upvote 0
I took mine off the charger @ about 10am and It died at about 6pm. Pretty bad if you ask me. I don't think I was that heavy on it either.
See, this is why these how-long-does-the-battery-last threads aren't real useful - everyone's definition of "not being that heavy on it" is different. Granted, if you think it doesn't last long enough, that's what's important. However, if it died in 8-hrs, I don't think any android phone is going to make you happy.

If you want substantive comments you need to explicitely list what tasks you're running and for how long. Also, what are all your various power-saving setting set to? Just saying it's "bad" doesn't mean squat without a full explanation.

Reactions: AndreaCristiano
Upvote 0
I can tell you that in 6 hours i have gone from full to Yellow..with what i call "medium" useage. Same thing happened yesterday but it took about 12 hours to die fully. ( sort of stopped using it after yellow and just let it sit there to keep from killing it).

Like i said....its not workable unless you plug it up an hour before you leave work for a mid-day charge.

Is it possible some of us got faulty batteries? I am really not complaining..i love this phone. I am just being honest here.

Upvote 0
Another thing for others to consider.. The phone is a new toy, at least to me it is. This means I'm opening and fiddling with it far more than I ever would have with my iPhone 4 on any given day.

After 1.5 hours talk, 85 texts, 3 hours of music, and a hour or so of having IM+ on I am now in the yellow. I took it off the charger at 8:00am this morning and its 4:45pm right now.

It says "screen" is 71% of the usage, which tells me that I have been opening and playing with the phone quite a bit too. I at times caught myself just turning it on and flipping through menus. Its new, like any new gadget I tend to play with it more than when I've had it for 6+ months.

While I think the battery time could be better, its not horrible. Honestly if I have to plug it in to my work laptop for a little afternoon juice I really don't care. It's just sitting on my desk, why not sit there and charge too? So far I haven't had to do that yet.

I do have a car charger that I got for free in a accessory kit when I bought from Costco, but I have yet to use it.

Upvote 0
I think that most users coming from an iPhone are a little shell shocked. There is no doubt that the Inspire's battery life is shorter than the iPhone, but in no way do I think that the Inspire's battery life sucks.

I honestly think I will wind up getting rid of the battery widget on my home screen because now I find myself obsessing over the percentages and how much I am loosing. I made it to 5PM today without even getting to the yellow.

Like someone said above, I found myself just clicking on the screen and flipping through apps and just fooling around with the phone. I never did this with my iPhone. Once I get over the initial new phone feeling, I'm sure battery life will increase dramatically.

Upvote 0
My experience: the bright screen is a HUGE killer of the battery. In the two times that I ran out of juice so far the battery use report listed the screen used 80% of the charge! I have since turned off "Auto Brightness" and set it to 15% brightness. So far this morning, my battery performance is MUCH better.

Lower your brightness! :cool:

I meant to ask you Ken... At 15% how can you see your screen outside in daylight? I have not tried....

Upvote 0
I have been unplugged for an hour and I'm at 92% that seems to be about right like 6-10% loss per hour depending on use

This is not acceptable for me. I was sceptical of the battery life with a 1230mah battery, but I really liked the specs and decided to buy one. This unit will be going back to the Shack and I will be picking up an Atrix.

As I said before purchasing this unit, battery is just too damn small. Love the phone, hate the battery life.

I have had a Nexus One, Captivate and Aria, so I know Android and all of my previous devices were rooted. I know all the power saving tricks and shortcuts. Unfortunately this phone isn't cutting it for me when it comes to uptime.

I understand some people can live with that. It's just not for me.

I hope you guys continue to enjoy your devices and here's hoping they come up with a higher capacity battery for this thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones