• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Inspire stuck at the HTC booting screen.

I used this guide to root my HTC Inspire 4g AT&T phone running v2.3.5:
http://androidforums.com/rezound-al...ys-noob-friendly-root-guide-start-finish.html

Soooo, I followed this guide very thoroughly, and then I messed up. I accidentally loaded ext4 again when trying to work around S-on. He said to boot a different loader, and I loaded ext (thinking it couldn't make a difference) and then installed the new rom from the Zip installer. Now, I am stuck with a phone that can turn on to the HTC logo, and sit there. I have held the down volume rocker and power button and it does take me to the bootloader. However, when I go to the "recovery" option, it shows a picture of a phone with a red triangle/Exclamation point combo. I cannot get it to show up when I use the "adb devices" command in cmd. I made a backup as recommended if that would help me in any way. I just need some kind of help at this point. Getting it back to stock would be 100% fine :/

FIXED: Brian helped me in a different thread for installing a rom by flashing the image after installing it via 4EXT.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones