• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One M8 Screen flicker?

Ok I haven't been able to find much online about this. Went to two Verizon stores this week to see both units suffer from a screen flicker issue. It's not the screen goes black or anything, it's the brightness kind of flickers when navigating, using the camera, most noticeable on white backgrounds. I thought it had to be the crappy lighting they had but they both did this.

Is this something to do with the batch Verizon got for demos? Their software or what?

I really am considering this phone but wanted to know if this is an issue others are noticing.
IMG_8148.JPG
I've got that's kind a problem in my 2hrs old brand new HTC m8. Don't know what to do and burst in fire r8 me. Pls help me.

Upvote 0
I have the phone! It's not flickering. You can't tell me every employee and person who wants the phone doesn't test out the display model. If you work for a carrier, I find their folks to be incompetent.

If he has his own phone why would he need to take all those steps? That's just asinine advice. That means there is nothing wrong with the phone period. But the M8, then come talk to me. You are in the M8 forum. This isn't the M7.
IMG_8141.JPG
plz tell me what's going on??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones