• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC One M8 stuck in bootloop - please help!

Hi all, looking for some much needed help.

I bought this phone (2nd hand) for my daughter but after working for a few days the battery died. I plugged in the charger and, once charged, switched it on but upon powering up, it appears to get stuck in a loop between starting Android and then optimizing 166 apps(!) before repeating the process again and again until the battery runs out.

I messed about with the hard reset and recovery options and it came to life (i.e. started as i would expect and went through initial setup steps, etc) but its happened again and i cannot for the life of me recall what i did to resolve it first time around!

I have read as much as i can about this iss online but a lot of the solutions detailed talk of options or steps that i don't seem able to do. I'm tearing my hair out here.

Is there a fix for this? Whats actually wrong with the phone? Is it the software thats screwed up? Is there anyway to put a "clean" version of the software on the phone via my PC? I'm pretty much ready to try anything top get this going :(

If someone is willing to help, just let me know what i need to do/provide to fix this. I've attached a read of details from the phone using the SDK tools i read on another thread. Not sure if its relevant or not.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_33 Sep. 07 20.04.jpg
    ScreenHunter_33 Sep. 07 20.04.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 139
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.23.213311711.05G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.30.720.5
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: removed
(bootloader) imei: removed
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: mels_tuhl
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B90000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__038
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 9d5c42de
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Help me for htc m8 eye
I need stock firmware

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones