• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So the difference between my stock 2.3.4 Rooted, and this "custom" 2.3.4 is what? all i can see is the device is able to be overclocked to 1.4 GHz with adb and usb mount not working???

Any one got any screenshots of this rom?
ADB and USB mount has nothing to do with the ROM, That is CWM, you are mixing things.
For Screenshots Click the link and see for yourself

Upvote 0
ADB and USB mount has nothing to do with the ROM, That is CWM, you are mixing things.
For Screenshots Click the link and see for yourself

where to download Rom? i put page in google translate cant see?, also nothing listed on the kaskus first page under custom roms?.

Oh yeah i see now CWM has the adb usb mount problem.

rom looks good btw, would like to test :D

Upvote 0
triumph user here, noticed several specks of dust underneath the screen. is this a problem with the ideos as well?

Yes it is a known fault on all the variants dust entering the screen, see my review with pictures in the Huawei Review thread.

Paarkhi you only owned the phone 8 weeks and no doubt you cherish your new Huawei at the moment, of course you wont have dust on the screen.

Upvote 0
tj_style has released its RC1 custom ROM, download from here. You can install using SUT L3 too, like I did if SUT LR giving you problems

Feature:

• Odexed
  • Pre rooted
  • Busybox installed
  • OC up to 1.4 Ghz
  • Adaptable UV
  • Bash installed
  • Init.d supported
  • Sharp UI (fxui engine) for launcher
  • Base on Latest official firmware version 2324
  • Removed bloatware apps
  • Huawei keyboard
  • Clockworkmod recovery 4.0.14 included

Knowing bugs :

• Problem with wifi (Fixed on RC2)
There is a fix to WiFi, download here. Install using CWM

Upvote 0
Hi everyone.
I'm on a forum for the first time, so I'm a noob XD

I just wanna know if:

there's any very deeply specific information about the Hauwei X6

anyone knows the release date and carrier for Portugal

there's any recommended room or root from the users.

It's also the first time I deal with Android.

Thank you :D

Chaos26

Upvote 0
I'm planning to root Official Cherry Mobile Gingerbread 2.3.4 but gingerbreak is not working.

Gingerbreak doesnt work, You have to follow the steps listed in the ROOT THREAD of Huawei X6 section if you want to Root the standard roms. This involves learning abit of Linux and is not as easy as installing the custom rom which already has superuser.

- beatsworkn and paarkhi
What custom ROM and CWM should i use to make my phone more stable?

There is only one Custom Rom that has been made and it is awesome making the phone run at 1.4GHz, to install the custom rom you need to first put the cw recovery on your phone... wipe user data and factory reset. Then install RC1 then install RC2! MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL RC1 FIRST!!

READ and FOLLOW the instructions and links above the best you can first before asking us please.

Paarkhi can you guide this noob through if he needs it, im too busy atm.
cheers

Upvote 0
Gingerbreak doesnt work, You have to follow the steps listed in the ROOT THREAD of Huawei X6 section if you want to Root the standard roms. This involves learning abit of Linux and is not as easy as installing the custom rom which already has superuser.

There is only one Custom Rom that has been made and it is awesome making the phone run at 1.4GHz, to install the custom rom you need to first put the cw recovery on your phone... wipe user data and factory reset. Then install RC1 then install RC2! MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL RC1 FIRST!!

READ and FOLLOW the instructions and links above the best you can first before asking us please.

Paarkhi can you guide this noob through if he needs it, im too busy atm.
cheers
hi
all the info u need is
here : Ideos X6 Android Development - xda-developers
and here : CSL Mi410 (Foxconn FB400) Official User Thread
both are exclusive forums for X6
read carefully and do the needfull
have fun:D

Upvote 0
Hey guys!

My Cherry Mobile Magnum HD has been acting pretty weird lately. It's generally fine (her name is Maggie), but sometimes, she gets into strange mood swings. The home screen gets stuck, preventing me from swinging to the side panels. Sometimes, it presses random buttons and apps even when I'm not touching the screen.

It used to happen before, and I'd restart the phone, and it would be fine, but recently, it's become more frequent and restarting it every time has become such a hassle.

I wonder if it has anything to do with my most recent Gingerbread update.

Does anyone have any idea about what's going with Maggie?

Upvote 0
Hey guys!

My Cherry Mobile Magnum HD has been acting pretty weird lately. It's generally fine (her name is Maggie), but sometimes, she gets into strange mood swings. The home screen gets stuck, preventing me from swinging to the side panels. Sometimes, it presses random buttons and apps even when I'm not touching the screen.

It used to happen before, and I'd restart the phone, and it would be fine, but recently, it's become more frequent and restarting it every time has become such a hassle.

I wonder if it has anything to do with my most recent Gingerbread update.

Does anyone have any idea about what's going with Maggie?

Happened to me aswell when i was running the stock Cherry Mobile GB Rom. If you want to keep the Cherry Mobile Rom id suggest a wipe cache/format + reinstall GB with SUT from Froyo.

Or you could try the Custom Rom which doesnt let this happen, im still running the custom rom and no issues with what you mentioned before.
for instructions on installing the custom rom look above at previous posts.

gud luck

Upvote 0
To Huawei X6/Cherry Magnum HD users:

Can you guys give me the low down on this phone's Divx playback capability? Can it play .avi videos?

GSMArena says it has Divx capability but there is no mention of it in the Cherry Mobile website.

It will play .avi divx, but depends on what player you run as well. Just make sure what ever player you decide on other than the stock player, supports ARM7 chip... like Rockplayer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones