• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I am Antonio.

I joined the iPhone forums yesterday, drove out to the Future Shop, and ended up getting sweet talked into a Samsung Galaxy S II LTE instead. Despite my current woes about getting my large M4P collection to play on there, I'm happy with my choice! This is a cool phone. :)

So yeah, hello from Canada!

Upvote 0
Welcome! Glad you decided to roll with the anti-hype. What exactly made you choose Android over an iPhone? I'm very intrigued.

Bigger screen, expandable memory, 4g...and it was cheaper than the iPhone! The only thing the iPhone had was my familiarity with the OS from my iPad, shared apps, and my music collection from iTunes. Seems like a no brainer in hindsight! But oh man, am I gobbling up the data on this bad boy!

Upvote 0
Bigger screen, expandable memory, 4g...and it was cheaper than the iPhone! The only thing the iPhone had was my familiarity with the OS from my iPad, shared apps, and my music collection from iTunes. Seems like a no brainer in hindsight! But oh man, am I gobbling up the data on this bad boy!

That's what I like to hear (figuratively). It should be a no-brainer to everyone, people just like to bandwagon.

Upvote 0
So, I thought I would bump my first ever thread on here, just to be clear that I wasn't posting in the wrong place. I'm finally (slowly) learning the bare minimum to try and get the new ICS ROM on my phone. However, I wanted to make sure that I'm posting in the right sub-forum. My phone is the SGH-i727r from Samsung, sold by Rogers as the Galaxy SII LTE. Should I be posting in the Galaxy SII (International) thread, or the Galaxy Skyrocket thread (i727 with AT&T)? Just wanted a little clarification so I'm not annoying any other users.

Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones