• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I am losing patience! Metropcs/samsung Galaxy One5

First, hacked Yahoo mail....... Earlier this week I bought a Samsung Galaxy One5. Marshmallow, 4.4.2. Metro Web or Google. I do not do anything intense, just surf around, MMS. No gaming. I had Samsung Galaxy Avant. I am in a not so great signal reception, the tower is either about 11 miles NW, or 6 miles SE. I did not have much of a problem with the Avant until about a month ago. I started getting slower and slower, pages 'jerkily' scrolled down. Then some freezes. I got the new phone because of the lack of control of 'permissions', after getting hacked Yahoo mail. The new phone uses LTE, if I am using correct word. The Metropcs sales said I should be getting a stronger signal/faster with new phone. Oh-I do not have wifi- I have to use data... I am having a WORSE time with the new phone. Many times a page NEVER loads! I have called Metro 2 times/refreshed, went to store and he checked settings, removed battery/ shut off/on. I changed browser from Chrome to Safari. I tried Google also as it was already loaded. At this point I feel I wasted $150. Metro will reorder another phone but not take phone back and refund me. I have to stick with Metro due to fixed income. What do you suggest that Ihave not tried? I am in worse shape than before it seems. I could go back to old phone, but sucking up the $$ on a useless phone does not make me happy. Also, because Yahoo mail was hacked, could the deteriorating working of old phone or even new have anything to do with hacked? Thanks for your knowledge in an area where I have none! I only know 'blood, guts and gore'. (Retired ER nurse!)

Mls-no- I asked about my Yahoo account getting hacked and what to do the other day. Now I am asking if it may be my new phone, signal, or what anyone may think/what to do about my so called 'better, new phone', that will get a stronger signal, but is worse than the old one. And because the old phone worked fine until lately could it be related to hacked email? For example, I could not login to this forum with new phone-I tried several times. Now I am tethered to iPad and have no problems with any site... When I am tethered, am I still using data or does Metropcs change 'tethering' to wifi, as my signal looks like a wifi signal? Thx

Upvote 0
You are still using data when tethering.

Having LTE does not mean you will get a stronger signal. LTE supports a higher speed limit, but as long as the signal itself is bad, there's going to be little to no improvement, especially if you aren't getting LTE signal in the first place, which seems to be happening.

Deterioration of the old phone doesn't need to be caused by hacked email.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones