• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I dropped my evo in the toilet

How do you drop am evo into the toilet anyway? Like seriously? :thinking:

I worked in a T-Mobile store for a while and have heard more than you'd care to know... 90% of people who do this are women. They either have their phone in the back pocket of their jeans and it falls out while de-pantsing or pops out when they bend over, or they set their purse on the tank and it falls over or gets bumped and the phone drops in the bowl.

The worst part is no one tells you up front that it went in the toilet... They plop the phone down and say it "mysteriously stopped working." Only after pulling the battery cover and pointing out the water dripping out or the liquid damage indicator do they admit it went for a swim in the toilet. :rolleyes: Needless to say, we kept hand sanitizer pumps at each register!

Upvote 0
I worked in a T-Mobile store for a while and have heard more than you'd care to know... 90% of people who do this are women. They either have their phone in the back pocket of their jeans and it falls out while de-pantsing or pops out when they bend over, or they set their purse on the tank and it falls over or gets bumped and the phone drops in the bowl.

The worst part is no one tells you up front that it went in the toilet... They plop the phone down and say it "mysteriously stopped working." Only after pulling the battery cover and pointing out the water dripping out or the liquid damage indicator do they admit it went for a swim in the toilet. :rolleyes: Needless to say, we kept hand sanitizer pumps at each register!

That's the only way I thought of it if it was possible :D

Upvote 0
My old OV went into a deep puddle once and wouldn't reboot right away. I took it apart, as far as I dared and cleaned as many contact points with a couple of those Clean Lens packets, CAREFULLY! And stuck the whole thing (without the battery) in a ziplock bag of rice over night. I had to replace the Sd card as it was a cheapy and had trouble booting up. Got a nice Sandisk 8g. They're waterproof. It rebooted and ran for another year after that! Rice is great for this problem. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones