• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I forgot my pattern lock

Yasmin D

Lurker
Oct 20, 2014
Hi! I have an LG Optimous E400 and I set a new pattern code but I forgot it and its asking for my Google Account. I entered my account username and password and it keeps saying "invalid username or password" but I managed to log to Google+ on my pc without issues! I have no idea how to reset it and now it looks like I'm screwed! :dontknow:

Welcome to Android Forums, Yasmin.

Try logging in to the Google Play Store on your computer(same account as google+). From there, you should see a little gear icon in the top right. Click that, and a menu will appear. Select Android Device Manager. Once it detects your device, select Lock. It will give you a chance to set a new password that will replace your current pattern lock.

This of course, requires that your phone is connected to the internet and has the setting enabled for remote lock and erase.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones