• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I hate my samsung galaxy s

I created a similar thread months ago when I first got the Galaxy.

My conclusion: This phone is not for non-techies. If you are an average joe, get the iphone, or a Windows Mobile phone. Android is geek-heaven.

I'm happy enough now that I have got Froyo and can view flash websites...but that is cos I am one of the lucky ones to get the update automatically from Kies...I don't know/want to "root"...'cept for rooting women!

Upvote 0
OMFG !!! I have just bitten the bullet and upgraded my pc to windows 7. This is a brand new absolutely clean computer and i loaded kies on it and it ####ing FAILED AGAIN !!! My GOD why is almost acceptable that software can be released onto a market to fail repeatedly and noone is held responsible for their actions. If a company released a car that performed this badly they would be held accountable and prosecuted, as would any other company producing any product. Why is Samsung not being held responsible for this absolute piece of garbage called Kies. I have used, to date, four different computers with 3 different os's and kies has failed on every platform i use. I am stunned and massively disappointed. Surely it is obvious that kies is flawed. I remain stunned year after year that the level of consumer expectations is either incredibly low or the quality of feedback or customer interaction is incredibly low within the internet/software community. Do companies on the internet actually listen or actually care what happens in the real world. Is there any internet company out there that actually interacts with their customer base and actively listens and engages with the customer. I recently went to use a third party syncing program (companionlink). Whilst downloading the software i had a look at the comments section. I immediately cancelled the download because every single commnent was negative !!! It seems obvious that the company has completely failed to understand or listen to their customer base. It amazed me that with my very first contact with companionlink all i could see were unhappy customers with complaints. I would never buy a car from a company or car yard if my first contact was with an angry group of complainants. Companionlink has blindingly dropped the ball and appears unaware of the effect it is having upon its reputation. And samsung appears to be suffering the same. Here i am, for the first time in my life, loudly and articulately complaining about two samsung products (phone and software). Amazing !!!

Upvote 0
Well if it helps I bricked a Galaxy S with Kies 1.5 the first version, now at 2.0 and although I got it working and have the new version working with the Froyo 2.2 on Telus its terrible. Apps missing that were there before and those that don't work at all (voice dialer for one). The Galaxy is slow and sometimes the lag is so bad I think its hung. I thought it was the downloaded apps but no its the phone T959D model.

I found that either a power off and restart or a battery pull clears it up a bit for a while. It not fast for a 1GHZ smartphone. I doesn't stay normal for long but thats the best I can do. Samsung should fix this with all the phones sold they release this crappy OS build. Its a joke.

I am done with Samsung. I have called many times and they supposedly log the complaints so call and let them know but have no solutions nor offer them when I call in. This software even late as it is being release is so so far behind and crappy compaired to others out there.

Upvote 0
Sgs is the best phone ever. I bought this phone in september and man didi make thr right choice.was gonna get a android phone anyway. probably an htc but when I seen this screen I was sold. I admit I didnt know anything bouy android but it was like Iphone. And my phone came wit avatar, 4 inch screen,1ghz processor and cost 150 wit 2 year contract.

Ima say this I never hooked my phone too a computer. Dont even know what kies does. With a little bit of googling my phone is enabling me to watch netfix movies in hd from my xbox 360. Instead of 2.1 eclair ive flashed to 2.2 ka7 froyo +voodoo lagfix kernal. It runs as smooth as a wet babies a__. I got psx4oid, snesoid, n64oid, I mean I dont even use my phone to talk anymore samsung is the bomb 4 making this phone. Plus the phone is so light when ive dropped it the phone wont break. I mean I got little miner scratchees on the screen but u cant even see them when its lit.for the price and every thing this phone can do the hgs is a beast!

Upvote 0
(Huge sigh !!) Ah screw it. I am not bothering with kies anymore. With the number of updates around it is obvious it is a heavily flawed piece of software. With my new pc i can finally utilise gmail sync which worked flawlessly (SAMSUNG ARE YOU LISTENING !!!) My calendar is up to date and my contacts synced with narry a problem. Thank you all for those entering comments. I truly do feel your pain and i really appreciate some of the comments posted here. I have emailed Samsung many times and remain unsatisfied and very dissapointed.

Upvote 0
You know..... there really needs to be an officially rated Geek or Tech rating for products these days. I bought the Galaxy S because Android is the most popular phone software so i assumed that it would A)be the most stable and B) be easy to use. Unfortunately it is only A. I have just perused a forum "explaining" phone rooting and roms and flashing and now my head hurts. I have an idea that it is like jailbreaking my iphone (which i did easily enough) but this rooting and flashing ('scuse me... guffaw snigger snigger !!!) Sorry couldnt help myself scares me. I mean look at this from Ruccuz With a little bit of googling my phone is enabling me to watch netfix movies in hd from my xbox 360. Instead of 2.1 eclair ive flashed to 2.2 ka7 froyo +voodoo lagfix kernal. It runs as smooth as a wet babies a__. I got psx4oid, snesoid, n64oid,. WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT ALL MEAN !! I genuinely have no idea what Ruccuz is talking about. Now if that geekspeak is a normal part of owning an android phone then i am going to rate that a five out of five. This means that before you can buy the phone you must translate and expand upon something like the above statement. You are refused the opportunity to purchase the phone or must sign a waiver that states 'dont come whining to us when your head hurts' if you dont understand the paragraph. A five means you dont even understand the saleperson when they explain the features on you phone. You know its a good idea to leave when the seller uses acronyms or numbers. A phone that has only three features (turns on, makes calls, turns off) is a definite Geek rating 1. Any thoughts anyone? What are 2,3 and 4?

Reactions: Smithy-II
Upvote 0
It is insane, that you can't upgrade your phone, without a landline connection. It's madness, that high end customers, don't get increasing download quota, I'm on 2Gb a month for $60. New customers are on 10Gb a month for $60, I ought to be on 4Gb, to encourage me to stay with the company, when my contract is up.
With 250,000 apps in the android market, there ought to be screens, for me to navigate for a couple of hours, to see relevant sections. How can anyone know that a wordprocessor, is in office category, not wordprocessor. When I flag something as of interest, it ought to be easy, to see it bookmarked later.
Apple is now the second largest company in the world, this is because thier graphical user interface is simple, inuitive, almost elegant. All the multi tasking in the world, is useless to me, when the menu brings me nothing, or at best, allows me to call up a web page.
To make a note, phone call, or use another application, I actually have to shut down the application I'm using. Many times, fantastic theoretical capabilities, are useless, because too little attention has been paid to the fudamentals. It's only due to my smartphone, being so crafty, that I can get around the appalling black spot reception I have. My new SATA hard drive, can output 3Gb a second, but the motherboard can't recognise it, so in reality, thats 0Gb a second. Sorry if this seems a bit of a long, roving rant, still love my sammy's dominating, high res screen, its thinness, all the free stuff on Android, its speed.

Upvote 0
... Do companies on the internet actually listen or actually care what happens in the real world. Is there any internet company out there that actually interacts with their customer base and actively listens and engages with the customer. I recently went to use a third party syncing program (companionlink). Whilst downloading the software i had a look at the comments section. I immediately cancelled the download because every single commnent was negative !!! It seems obvious that the company has completely failed to understand or listen to their customer base. It amazed me that with my very first contact with companionlink all i could see were unhappy customers with complaints. I would never buy a car from a company or car yard if my first contact was with an angry group of complainants. Companionlink has blindingly dropped the ball and appears unaware of the effect it is having upon its reputation. And samsung appears to be suffering the same. Here i am, for the first time in my life, loudly and articulately complaining about two samsung products (phone and software). Amazing !!!

londo45,

We do listen to our customers, and we do have many happy customers. That said, we recognize that there are those who are having issues using our software as well. In those cases, we are here to help. We offer free e-mail and phone support, as well as host forums for our app (DejaOffice), and participate in other forums like this one, among other things.

If you end up deciding to give CompanionLink a try, finish downloading it and know that I'll be here to help if you need it! Since it sounds like you've had some issues with other software, I'll offer up the following "best-practices" before attempting any other syncs:

1. Backup your database (if you haven't already). This will ensure that you can get your data back properly, no matter what happens during a sync.
2. Clean your data - often, the sync software is forced to determine if two contacts are the same or not. Even the most advanced algorithms don't know your data like you do. Make sure the device you're syncing to is starting from a clean slate.
3. If you plan on syncing to multiple device, use a "Hub and Spoke" model. Syncing 3 different sources to each other can result in data duplication or loss. Establish one data source as a Hub and the other destinations as Spokes on this Hub.

If you have questions on any of these points, just let me know. Hopefully this has helped!

David Z.

Upvote 0
I feel bad that people are having the bad experience with their new SGS.

I just received mine yesterday and had a complete field day getting used to android and tweaking/setting the phone (coming from an iPhone 3GS). I have to say, that everything about this phone is fantastic. From the freedom and customisable UI to the many detailed little options that can be altered. Since the switch I now realise how restricted iOS really is...

In saying that there is only one set back (which iOS doesn't enable anyway, but I had read that android does) and that is the ability to upload files (word docs, images etc) via web browser. E.G. Filling out form/job application then uploading resume, I'm having a great deal of trouble achieving this....If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Upvote 0
I almost hate saying this but I love mine lol

I bought it about 5 months ago. Started with 2.1. Installed Kies on my windows 7 laptop and it updated to froyo 2.2 in Novemberish. Was a bit laggy and the browser crashed quite often but a couple of weeks later it updated to 2.2.1 pretty rapidly (before xmas) and it has been perfect since. Kies has updated a couple of times since but it doesnt give me any grief.

I'm in the UK and have an unbranded handset on o2. Perhaps it is all caused by regional variations and different carriers?

Upvote 0
I was so pleased to see this thread, as i now know im not alone!

I have never been so dissappointed with a piece of tech.

I am a major gadget man, but this phone sucks more than any other piece of tech i have ever owned.

Slow, unresponsive, unreliable.

I simply cannot wait for the day i can finally change it.

I will never ever buy a samsung phone again and it completely put me off even entertaining the idea of a galaxy tab.

I tweeted Peter Jones, (dragon and Expansys), and recommended his to stop selling it...lol, he never would even acknowledge my existence, but you get my point!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones