• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i need clear and effective rooting method

rootjedi

Lurker
Feb 19, 2015
I need to get 1 thing clear. Do i need to install titanium backup first before attempting to root?
Im very sorry bec. Some info in the threads are confusing. I know i have to root first before flashing ROms but i cnt find any clear procedure how to root. Pls. Help. Tnx

You can only use Titanium Backup after you root.

Prior to rooting your best choice is probably Helium Backup.

Root procedures vary by phone make and model.

There's no generic rooting procedure that you want to trust without checking what is right for your phone.

This I can tell you - never flash a ROM without a nandroid backup first.

Upvote 0
Some things to consider...

Rooting grants full administrator permissions to the user, rather than limited user permissions. The good is that this allows you to do basically anything to any files on the device. It allows full control of everything on the device. The bad is that it also means you have full permission to muck up anything on the device. It also reduces the security of the phone somewhat.

If you decide you really do need and want to root, first do a LOT of reading. Look in the 'All Things Root' section here and see if there's a subforum for your phone. You should check out the XDA Developer forum for information too, but be sure to read first and post later there as it's not a very n00b-friendly site. And as always, for questions this forum and Google search are your friends.

There's some chance a mistake could 'brick' your phone (make it unusable). Make sure you understand why you're rooting, the exact procedures required and all the terminology. And it's absolutely critical to have a recovery plan and backups in case things go bad.

DO NOT try to install a ROM that is intended for any phone except your exact model! If you have questions post back here before proceeding and someone will help.

Don't forget to do backups! Read about nandroid backup.

Until you are confident that you have everything above ready and understood, you're not yet ready to root.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones