• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need desperate help.

DJ053PH

Jan 11, 2013
Hello guys! I have a HUGE problem with my Q88 Allwinner A13 tablet.

I installed an application on my tablet called Z4root, and I wanted to root my device. Two options came up and it said:
Permanent Root
Temporary Root

I clicked Permanent Root because what's temp root anyway?! Big mistake. :(
So, once it so called 'rooted' my device, it closed itself. I assume it was done. The app told me it would reboot but it didn't. So I turned it off and back on again.

Apon turning it on, I realised booting took a rather long time, but it got to it eventually! But here is when things started to go wrong. There was no Superuser app/folder. It had completely reinstalled a new os (I THINK) onto my device. But this O.S (I THINK) is buggy as hell. It FACTORY RESETS every time I turn it on, can't install any apps! As far as to my knowledge, it has NOT rooted either. When I go onto settings to check on my INTERNAL STORAGE, it says 0.00B on it, when the tablet came with 4GB?!?! So, thats messed up.

Then I thought to myself, FACTORY RESET! So, I rebooted into Recovery Mode from the Settings menu. I cannot get into it any other way as far as to my knowledge. As it booted up into Recovery Mode, it came up with a picture of an android DEAD with an red ! mark. Type down ON Google Images "android boot red triangle exclamation mark" It's that. I have waited FOR AGES for the options to pop up, but nothing is there. Only the picture. So, I can't do anything about that.

As I reboot, it is factory resetted again.

Also, plugging the tablet into my pc dosen't help I think because the Android driver "Did not install correctly". So I message the person I bought it from to provide me with the driver for the Q88 Allwinner A13 tablet. Got no reply.

What do I do? I don't care about my files, I just want a working tablet. Please help and plus, I don't know any Android techy language so please comment clearly so I can understand what to do to fix my Q88 Allwinner A13 Tablet. Thanks. :mad:

Then I thought to myself, FACTORY RESET! So, I rebooted into Recovery Mode from the Settings menu. I cannot get into it any other way as far as to my knowledge. As it booted up into Recovery Mode, it came up with a picture of an android DEAD with an red ! mark. Type down ON Google Images "android boot red triangle exclamation mark" It's that. I have waited FOR AGES for the options to pop up, but nothing is there. Only the picture. So, I can't do anything about that.

Sounds like the stock recovery. There is generally some combination of keypress required to bring up the stock recovery menu options while you are looking at the "dead android w/ triangle". It can vary be device and I'm unfamiliar with yours. Often times it's something like press and hold volume up while also pressing the power button or similar. Having said that, I'm not even sure if you have external volume buttons on that tab.

Upvote 0
ok not sure what you can do at this point. you tried using z4root which i believe uses a froyo exploit and will not work on later android os. so not sure what z4root did to your device. unfortunately i could not find any dev community or support for your device so i really do not know what else to tell you at this point.....sorry

maybe someone else can chime in.....good luck

Upvote 0
Watched your video.

Looks like it's having difficulty mounting your partitions properly hence not being able to save anything and storage showing zero bytes.

It's not doing a factory reset at boot it's just dalvik cache rebuilding due to it not being able to save anything. I'm thinking it looks factory reset because it's not mounting the partition where your data is saved.

I did find on the net that someone recons the Q88 is already rooted and all you needed to do was install superuser to gain root privileges. So god knows what this z4root thing has done.

I haven't come up with any solutions yet, still thinking about it. Might be worth you contacting the z4root dev to find out exactly what it has done.

Upvote 0
Sounds like the stock recovery. There is generally some combination of keypress required to bring up the stock recovery menu options while you are looking at the 'dead android w/ triangle'. It can vary be device and I'm unfamiliar with yours. Often times it's something like press and hold volume up while also pressing the power button or similar. Having said that, I'm not even sure if you have external volume buttons on that tab.

Hi guys. I'm a newbie to android phones and recently having problem of not able to boot after the factory cache and data wipe/format .

NOWA5PRO is my phone/unbranded it says and thus near impossible to find the company to get ADB SIDELOAD drivers.apk for this phone.

So cheap that I got another, after full refund from 1st. Reasons - great phone specs and ,more importantly, Thought I could somehow grab drivers from the 2nd working phone, and SIDELOAD them into the broken 1.

Anyone have any tips and answer if it is possible.

Also couldn't find a recovery menu, only the factory reset wipe/format data and cache - with NO 'mount system' option.

By comparison ok have a Ulefone9pro which does have the recovery, and the missing 'mount system' option.

Apologies for length of this thread. I'm Asperger's although windows expert, very much novice to Android and Smartphones.

To clarify again- sorry bout essay....

Problem phone NOWA5PRO 8gb ram 128gbrom internal.
Can't get it to reboot after factory reset,

BTW, I am complete novice with ADB, installed on pc and have Nowa5pro located by ADB devices CMD after windows updatng phones win-google-drivers .
Any advice would be gratefully received.

Sunlich

Sunlich

Upvote 0
I can get into stock recovery with the buttons but still no options with a dead android again
frown.png

Hi,

Have you tried PWR and VOLUP/VOLDWN keys to see if anything different appears after....

I have had a similar prob, and weird also as that the PWR/VOL-UP/VOLDWN keys to navigate my Nowa5pro reset menu were wrongly mapped .
Dead Android - instead of pressing PWR TO select, seemed to change to VOLUP became select - possibly some memory corruption?

I'm not sure if this will be any use to you - IAM new to android phones and no xp in low-level knowledge etc.

[ I am Aspergian - so if I appear completely off-target]

Sunlich

Sunlich

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums, Sunlich! :)

Just a heads-up: this thread was resolved seven years ago. It's a good idea to skim through a thread to see if the problem was solved, and also how long ago it was posted, before taking time to post a helpful reply.

As for the problem you're having, you'll get the best exposure by posting its own thread. There's always a button/link near the top of each forum page for starting a new thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones