• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I need help !?

So my boyfriend bought me a new phone for valentine's/ early bday present. My Huawei Ascend has malfunctioned from the start.... :( It turns off for no reason, then I can't turn it back on anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. The screen just goes black and it won't boot up afterwords..

I rooted it thinking it would solve the problem. The battery lasts longer, that is when it decides it wants to work. But it's still self shutting down. I def saw an improvement in the performance of the phone, but it did not solve the questionable shut down problem...

I don't want to buy another phone, and I don't really have the money for a new phone.... not to mention I'm at wits end. I've only had this thing for a week....:thinking:

Right before it turns its self off it gives an error message that says "Android system is shutting down" Even when it has a full charge it sometimes turns off for no apparent reason. Then won't turn back on right away.

My provider (Cricket) won't even give me ideas on how to fix the problem because the phone was bought used. The gentleman my bf bought the phone from said he did not have any problems with it. And he barely even used it, But he also did not know how to, said it was too complicated...

So I guess my question is, how do I figure out what the problem is and how do I fix it? Cause I love my droid, just not liking what it's doing...:(

At times like these, my devious mind remembers the occasionally performed "buy-new-item-and-return-identical-old-item-in-new-box" trick.

That off-topic thought aside, Tokenpoke could be onto something, you never know. It can't hurt to download an antivirus program and run a scan. There are quite a few out there in the market that you can download, but I personally would give this one a shot:

Lookout Mobile Security - Android Application on the Android market

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones