• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Well one good thing is Samsung has had their hands on ICS Eve since Google went to them to make renew Nexus. So hopefully their already working on it or starting to and we maybe getting it earlier then we think.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

A GS2/E4GT with ICS would negate the need for a Galaxy Nexus for many potential customers.

I'm not all that impressed with the Galaxy Nexus as is. If I had ICS, wouldn't care about it at all. Google and Samsung know this, so why would they rush to get ICS on to the E4GT?

Upvote 0
I wouldn't hold my breath.

A GS2/E4GT with ICS would negate the need for a Galaxy Nexus for many potential customers.

I'm not all that impressed with the Galaxy Nexus as is. If I had ICS, wouldn't care about it at all. Google and Samsung know this, so why would they rush to get ICS on to the E4GT?

It will get the update. Why?
Because lots of users who bought the phone bought believing it will be updated , which It will. How would ics on the epic touch hurt the nexus. Your avg consumer doesn't play with these gadgets like most people around here. I witnessed a girl drop into sprint wanting the iphone 4s. Heart set. Ended up leaving with an evo3d. Why ? They were simply out of stock. Did the hero being froyo make the moment pointless. How bout that new phone running sense 3.0 pairing up with the 3d but 100 bucks cheaper. I forget its name. Point being its all what the consumer likes. They don't look at it the way you do. My family couldn't care less if their phone is on gingerbread or ics or hell froyo even. Both phones have their differences. Nfc , os, screen sizes, and if you're into updates the gn comes with the biggest perk of all. However, I don't believe for one second updating the et4g to ics would be pointless. And it will update. I

Upvote 0
It will get the update. Why?
Because lots of users who bought the phone bought believing it will be updated , which It will. How would ics on the epic touch hurt the nexus. Your avg consumer doesn't play with these gadgets like most people around here. I witnessed a girl drop into sprint wanting the iphone 4s. Heart set. Ended up leaving with an evo3d. Why ? They were simply out of stock. Did the hero being froyo make the moment pointless. How bout that new phone running sense 3.0 pairing up with the 3d but 100 bucks cheaper. I forget its name. Point being its all what the consumer likes. They don't look at it the way you do. My family couldn't care less if their phone is on gingerbread or ics or hell froyo even. Both phones have their differences. Nfc , os, screen sizes, and if you're into updates the gn comes with the biggest perk of all. However, I don't believe for one second updating the et4g to ics would be pointless. And it will update. I

That is poor logic. The lots of users you speak of will be well locked into contracts by the time they realize they will get hosed like the SGS did with Gingerbread. You can't return a phone because you didn't get Ice Cream Sandwich.

They got you now!

And they will now turn their direct focus and attention to whoever else they can draw in with the SGS III (3). People with the SGS II (2) will be forgotten about just like the people now with the SGS have been forgotten about with Gingerbread.

Samsung is only concerned with market share and who they can draw in and steal from Apple. Once they got you, they don't care, it's blatantly obvious. Then they will release a new bright shiny phone with serious FLAWS on basic issues that you would think they would have worked out all the bugs only to get screwed again.

You see why so many people are swearing off Samsung.

All I need is for HTC to pay for a Super Amoled Screen like Motorola did and I'm good. I can live without benchmark queens that don't do the basics.

Upvote 0
That is poor logic. The lots of users you speak of will be well locked into contracts by the time they realize they will get hosed like the SGS did with Gingerbread. You can't return a phone because you didn't get Ice Cream Sandwich.

They got you now!

And they will now turn their direct focus and attention to whoever else they can draw in with the SGS III (3). People with the SGS II (2) will be forgotten about just like the people now with the SGS have been forgotten about with Gingerbread.

Samsung is only concerned with market share and who they can draw in and steal from Apple. Once they got you, they don't care, it's blatantly obvious. Then they will release a new bright shiny phone with serious FLAWS on basic issues that you would think they would have worked out all the bugs only to get screwed again.

All I need is for HTC to pay for a Super Amoled Screen like Motorola did and I'm good. I can live without benchmark queens that don't do the basics.

Poor logic? My point being those majority of users don't care. You ask everyone who owns an android how upset they are that they are not on the latest and greatest, 2.3.7. But instead I should accept your logic because mine has been considered poor, by you. We should instead assume that Samsung will continue to operate how they have in the past and assume they will not bring ics to one of their top tier touchwiz devices? Interesting prediction, but nothing more. Of course it will not receive it the day source drops. But I don't get why people feel so strongly that it won't come. Oh, and yes, I've heard the "Samsung argument".

Look at it this way. Someone here gets to say I told you so. We can consider the logic ratings again then.

Upvote 0
That is poor logic. .... Once they got you, they don't care, it's blatantly obvious.

What looks to me to be poor logic would be the fact that the world's largest manufacturer of smart phones would think it could constantly screw customers without realizing that if you keep screwing customers you end up like Nokia or Microsoft.

It actually defies logic that a manufacturer would NOT support recent phones because they would realize that customers would not return.

Now I'm not saying that all manufacturers are logical. There are probably more companies shooting themselves than helping themselves. But logic would dictate that if Samsung wants to remain number one, they must satisfy current customers.

Upvote 0
Poor logic? My point being those majority of users don't care. You ask everyone who owns an android how upset they are that they are not on the latest and greatest, 2.3.7. But instead I should accept your logic because mine has been considered poor, by you. We should instead assume that Samsung will continue to operate how they have in the past and assume they will not bring ics to one of their top tier touchwiz devices? Interesting prediction, but nothing more. Of course it will not receive it the day source drops. But I don't get why people feel so strongly that it won't come. Oh, and yes, I've heard the "Samsung argument".

Look at it this way. Someone here gets to say I told you so. We can consider the logic ratings again then.

Sorry, that came off the wrong way. Just venting in hopes that Samsung will see more complaints and respond one of these days. I will not be saying I told you so because I would love to be wrong! But recent history does not support your theory.

What we need is the media to take hold of this and call Samsung on their poor support, but it seems all we will get is "Galaxy phone best phone EVAR!!!" reviews which keeps people running into the store buying the phone and putting up with subpar operation and support.

I am saying that Samsung doesn't care what people bought the phone expecting in terms of software, and I would argue that the majority of people with a Galaxy phone don't have a clue what Ice Cream Sandwich is and wouldn't know what to do when they got it. Plus I'd bet you money plenty of people who were expecting Gingerbread for the original Epic still went out and bought the Epic Touch, so not getting Ice Cream Sandwich is not going to stop people from buying the next bright shiny screen Samsung phone (SGS III) that will release with Ice Cream Sandwich.

If the Epic Touch gets ICS at all, I believe the phone will be and afterthought by then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones