• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS on SGSII Epic 4G Touch

i read today that Samsung realeased ics 4.0 for the Gallaxy Nexus last week. but there was no mention of ics 4.0 for the Galaxy 2 phones. has anyone seen anything else. ics 4.0 just seems to be getting delayed and from what i have seen it only seems to be either installed on select new phones. even on the Tablets it seems to be delayed. is there a problem????

It is usually delayed on all the phones because the OEMs have to take time to screw it up with their skins. Seriously... ICS was on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus 6 months ago!

I wil bet anything they wait until after the new phones are out so people will be tempted to upgrade to get ics. We wont be seeing ics for some time now.

I have no idea when they will feel like releasing it. It already runs pretty good from the leaked builds.

Runs even better with stock ICS and no TouchWiz though. I've had ICS for a couple months on my GSII

Not to mention Samsung managed to make it look like crap. Pure ICS looks awesome, Touchwiz just makes it look the same as Gingerbread... way outdated!

Upvote 0
Hey everyone. Just wanted to say thanks to this forum I just installed FE07 ICS on my E4GT and love it!

Yep its great, fd07 leak is on android 4.0.4 now I rolled back to fd19 modem though seems to be a little better. Another leak should be out soon. Here is a few teasers, im themed too by the way.

48b326b3-8d7b-aac3.jpg

48b326b3-8dba-1f90.jpg

48b326b3-8d8c-2f16.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well not to add to much to all the confusing information on the release of ICS but I was speaking to some a Samsung Reps at an event this weekend and they stated that ICS is currently scheduled for release at the end of the 2nd Qtr 2012 on all carriers in US. Epic 4G Touch, Note and GSIIs were the models mentioned. Not sure this qualifies as an "official" press release but they were very adamant about the info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones