• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS on SGSII Epic 4G Touch

I know that rooting is very popular right now, especially with ICS OS. Personally I DO NOT recommend it. It voids your warranty, and can fry your phone. Wait for the official update, People! It will be here soon.

The rumors do better for Europe than they do here. Europe has the rumors, we have Europe! When Europe gets it, we'll know it'll be in the states soon. Duh!

If you dont root, install the ics ota & hate it, ur stuck. Been there done that & learned my lesson. I'll never do that again.

Upvote 0
How is the desktop version of youtube in the stock ics browser. I really need to know b4 I flash. I've install about 3 different ics roms & every1 of them lag on the desktop version of youtube. The scrolling on GB has been better as well. I just want the browser to be as smooth GBs stock browser.

Do a complete Wipe Use Calcs...Then Flash Mijahhs74'S Rom ...The Goodness...Its Flawless with an Instant GPS Lock...Also Facial Regognition ...If u Like That...Its an FC22 to be updated to 24 soon...Try It ...Youll Luv it...You Tube works Perfect...I can't get 4g so when I run it on WIfi ...Its Unreal...No lag at all...:eek:

Upvote 0
Voids your warranty? no it doesn't. And even if it does, just ODIN back to the stock rom, done. 99% of people working at sprint wont know what the heck they're looking at anyways, trust me, I worked there, and we dont go into extensive detail checking if its rooted...unless it is a software issue that you're having.

Upvote 0
you can also go into APPS > ALL APPS click clear data on the launcher and TWLauncher and select to use the default launcher if you wish.

If this method doesn't work for you just go download a new launcher then you'll get the option to choose which launcher you want to use and just select the default android launcher and set as default.

Upvote 0
you can also go into APPS > ALL APPS click clear data on the launcher and TWLauncher and select to use the default launcher if you wish.

If this method doesn't work for you just go download a new launcher then you'll get the option to choose which launcher you want to use and just select the default android launcher and set as default.

Or just download the free "home switcher" app, then you can change launchers anytime you like without jumping through all those hoops. I go back and forth between adw launcher and golauncher all the time.

Reactions: KitsapAndroid
Upvote 0
The Hero haters here crack me up. :D I LOVED my Hero. The 2.1 upgrade was a bit of a headache, but luckily, I was smart enough to root the phone ahead of time, and just flash a 2.1 ROM. Then once I got CM7 on it, there was no looking back. The phone worked great for me, and it still works great for me. I use it now as a wi-fi mp3 player. :) Back to the topic here though, I hope that ICS is coming soon. I really like the look of it. And yes, I know I can flash an ICS ROM and have it now, but that's besides the point. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones