• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm an iPhone user, convince me.

If you're gonna get an Android phoak, DON'T GET A SAMSUNG! So buggy, slow, and ugly.

Get either the sony or the htc one m8, I'd go for the m8 though since it gets faster updates than any other android phone that is not a Nexus, and it's very nice looking :)

Heeeeeeeeye! {said Fonzie style} i "rep"resent that ree-mark. Me and my t.e.d.6 ...aka Galaxy Note 3 and 4. Theres never been any lag or issues whatsoever. Maybe some rogue app or custom setting or something. As for "ugly", my t.e.d.6 heard that! He said evidently APPLE likes his sleekness and fabio-esque features. hmph! :D

Reactions: Chezm2bme
Upvote 0
Heeeeeeeeye! {said Fonzie style} i "rep"resent that ree-mark. Me and my t.e.d.6 ...aka Galaxy Note 3 and 4. Theres never been any lag or issues whatsoever. Maybe some rogue app or custom setting or something. As for "ugly", my t.e.d.6 heard that! He said evidently APPLE likes his sleekness and fabio-esque features. hmph! :D

Yep, no lag on the Galaxy S5 or Note 4 and their not buggy either, even older Samsung devices with 4.4.2 are pretty smooth these days.

I'm not huge fan of touchwiz but it's not ugly and some of the applications are very good, better than some of the Google apps. the Google camera app is garbage as is the photo app. Many of the Google apps could be classed as bloatware themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
I don't think we will be hearing from the OP anytime soon......

The OP has logged-in since posting, but perhaps as a new member he's feeling a bit intimidated by some of the comments. How about we show him the same courtesy as he did us and concentrate on advising him as requested?

Upvote 0
Early this year, Apple commented that they were interested in rolling out iTunes for Android but I haven't heard back on that yet.
I seem to recall them talking about the possibility of extending iMessage to other platforms a long time ago. Then in reality they couldn't even be bothered to fix the bug that stopped switchers receiving messages from their iPhone owning buddies until they were eventually threatened with legal action.

The only reason they'd release iTunes for Android would be if they'd chosen to prioritise music sales over retaining hardware customers.

On topic: I have an iTunes library and an android phone. But I don't personally sync playlists or stuff like that, just drag and drop to the phone and then use apps on the phone for the rest.

Upvote 0
It would be great if you guys could help me out with my indecision as this is a 2 year commitment for me and i want to be sure to make the right purchase.

Your guys's job is to convince me why i'm missing out on android and why i should go through the hastle of switching to it from Apple..

Kind regards and thanks in advance,
SuperJimbo

Chuckle. Convince you? Nope. Will give you some personal insight.
I use an LG G3 and an iPhone 6+. I got the 6+ as the 6 has nowhere near the battery life I need.
After using both for a couple of months, here are my thoughts.
  • The G3 has a better camera. The 6+ is good but lacks fine detail and the compression algorithm in iOS is not great.
  • The display on both is very good. The G3 is better for hi-def things.
  • The 6+ has very poor ergonomics. First time I actually bought a case for a phone.
  • iOS8 has lots of bugs. Then again, Android 5.0 isn't getting a lot of love either.
  • 1GB of RAM in the iPhone is a miss. If you work with large files or interactive ..... Your call.
  • I hate iTunes. Finding I still have to occasionally use it. Then again, I have an iPad Mini. then again, I hate TouchWiz.
  • The iPhone is good for view and consumption. The G3 is great for doing things, not just consuming.

Other than these, it's your call. If I had to choose between only one (yes, I'm lucky to use both), I would choose the G3.
Just my opinion. your mileage may vary.

Upvote 0
My wife refused to leave apple. Guess what she got an HTC one m8 and loves it. Now she wants a note 4 which is what I have. All of our stuff was on apple. I had the 4,4s,5s and finally left. She has had nothing but apple. All of our stuff we got switched over and it took no time at all. We love having the freedom to do what we want with our phones and not be told what to do.

Upvote 0
Chuckle. Convince you? Nope. Will give you some personal insight.
I use an LG G3 and an iPhone 6+. I got the 6+ as the 6 has nowhere near the battery life I need.
After using both for a couple of months, here are my thoughts.
  • The G3 has a better camera. The 6+ is good but lacks fine detail and the compression algorithm in iOS is not great.
  • The display on both is very good. The G3 is better for hi-def things.
  • The 6+ has very poor ergonomics. First time I actually bought a case for a phone.
  • iOS8 has lots of bugs. Then again, Android 5.0 isn't getting a lot of love either.
  • 1GB of RAM in the iPhone is a miss. If you work with large files or interactive ..... Your call.
  • I hate iTunes. Finding I still have to occasionally use it. Then again, I have an iPad Mini. then again, I hate TouchWiz.
  • The iPhone is good for view and consumption. The G3 is great for doing things, not just consuming.

Other than these, it's your call. If I had to choose between only one (yes, I'm lucky to use both), I would choose the G3.
Just my opinion. your mileage may vary.

Wow, rhonin!?! Remember you from the early days. Also agree with everything you just said, except for LG's version of Wiz, if you want to call it that. I like LG's UI. Haven't found one better to date though I do prefer the G2's UI (which I own) to that of the G3's (which I skipped).

Upvote 0
My wife refused to leave apple. Guess what she got an HTC one m8 and loves it. Now she wants a note 4 which is what I have. All of our stuff was on apple. I had the 4,4s,5s and finally left. She has had nothing but apple. All of our stuff we got switched over and it took no time at all. We love having the freedom to do what we want with our phones and not be told what to do.

So why does she want to switch to the note 4 if she has the htc one m8?

Upvote 0
If you like simple, sleek and functional go for Apple. It's what they do. My main complaint about Apple is that after a time their OS updates don't work well on older devices, which means you have to buy a new device to take advantage of the new OSs. Grumble.
One could argue that at least the old models get the update at all. :D
But you can't expect old hardware to run new software forever on any platform.

Upvote 0
Get the Note 4 and discover what an integrated stylus is all about. It doesn't just simulate your finger...it has added functionality. I used to think the Note series was far too big, but after the first few days, I've determined that it's not bad at all.

Or get an iPhone...and continue using what you're comfortable with. Removable batteries and SD cards are a requirement for me, so until I can no longer get those features in a phone, I'll be sticking with phones that offer both of these amenities.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Android is all about customization, you cant do these things with a poxy iPhone, calendar widget, custom keyboard, custom messenger app, etc

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418756985407.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418756985407.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418757001793.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1418757001793.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice guys. I wanted to get a phone and return it but my shitty swiss provider doesn't let me do that (Switzerland is so far behind on everything). I've got 60 days to decide so i'll try to bribe some of my friends to lend my their android for a week or two (beer will do the trick :p).
I'm pleasantly suprised by the advice you gave me and how you could actually recommend an iPhone and not just scowl me for owning an iPhone, i semi expected BS fanboy remarks. Im still just as torn between android and iPhone, i'm just worried i'll be regretting whatever decision i make for 2 years.

I feel like Android and iPhone are like marmite: Either you love it or you hate it. I know people who switched to android and hate it and i know people who switched and love it.

Good night guys, i'll let you know what i chose and who knows, maybe i'll be posting more on this forum ;)
SuperJimbo

Upvote 0
SuperJimbo - many thanks for checking back in with us! :)

Regardless of what you choose, we're all in this together and pulling for you - so you'll always be welcome here!

And if you don't go with Android, we have a great Lounge just to hang out in and have some fun shooting the breeze. :)

Many good lucks with your decision and let us know how you make out!

PS - I know what you mean about Marmite as I'm a Vegemite man myself! :D

Reactions: mikedt and Brian706
Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice guys. I wanted to get a phone and return it but my shitty swiss provider doesn't let me do that (Switzerland is so far behind on everything). I've got 60 days to decide so i'll try to bribe some of my friends to lend my their android for a week or two (beer will do the trick :p).

If you are really serious about trying out Android, that would be the best way to go. Just do keep in mind that there are good Android phones and poor ones. Hopefully, you get to try out a good one that is fairly new.

I'm pleasantly suprised by the advice you gave me and how you could actually recommend an iPhone and not just scowl me for owning an iPhone, i semi expected BS fanboy remarks. Im still just as torn between android and iPhone, i'm just worried i'll be regretting whatever decision i make for 2 years.

We certainly don't want to push you into getting a phone that you would regret for 2 years. Also, these forums are very well moderated to keep conversations on topic and productive. At least when I read your post about what you want, I didn't see anything that would make an Android a better choice for you. Of course, if you really want to try it out, by all means do look for such an opportunity.

I feel like Android and iPhone are like marmite: Either you love it or you hate it. I know people who switched to android and hate it and i know people who switched and love it.

I found that both platforms have different strengths and limitations. After using both, I find myself wishing features in one to also be available on the other. You won't get the best of both worlds. You just have to choose which world and live with what you have. At least for me, I prefer Android and a part of the reason is that I am just more used to Android and the features I have that isn't available on iOS.

Good night guys, i'll let you know what i chose and who knows, maybe i'll be posting more on this forum ;)
SuperJimbo

I look forward to hearing back from you and your final decision and your reasons.

Upvote 0
I had the iPhone 3, 4, & 5 until the end of November. I wanted to try an android phone so I ended up getting a note 4. So far the transition hasn't been bad. Like most have stated there are so many different things you can get your phone to do it is a little overwhelming at first. I do recommend reading the users guide to actually learn some of the important functions of your new device if you do decide to go to Android. Samsung smart switch and Isyncr have been very useful as far as transferring music and movies. I just need some software to help remove the drm off of my older music and my videos.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones