1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Impressions??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

This looks like a powerful phone. I am wondering if anyone has their sights on it. I've always liked One + products. They are simple and elegant. This one seems to me to be a monster. So, who is getting this? I want to know so I can envy you!

MrJavi likes this.
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I've convinced 1 or 2 people to get OnePlus phones (pixel wasn't available at their carrier). These phones are always Flagship specs, and cheaper than most everything even close to it spec wise. Wife is unhappy with her Pixel 4, so I may take a hard look at one of these.

3. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Still, they're great fones. sigh. I wanna update.

MrJavi likes this.
  4. JakeMC

JakeMC Lurker

I am thinking to upgrade from one plus 6 to 8 pro and the main attraction for me is that 48MP camera with Sony IMX689 sensor.

olbriar, MrJavi and NightAngel79 like this.
  5. NightAngel79

Administrator

That's a great upgrade, and these are sweet phones. Extra ram, better snapdragon, should make for a wicked fast phone.

JakeMC likes this.
  6. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Expert

I'm guessing you all never have dealt with a Note4..

MrJavi likes this.
  7. NightAngel79

Administrator

What does the 6 year old Note have to do with anything?

8. Xavier Black

"What does the 6 year old Note have to do with anything?"

In case you didn't read well the OP.

MrJavi likes this.
  9. Xavier Black

I advice you to focus on yourself rather than be trying to find a flaw in what people say..you won't find any in me..I'm flawless.

MrJavi and joe71 like this.
  10. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

I used to own a Note 4. As to your being flawless? That's a flaw! :)

Xavier Black, MrJavi and joe71 like this.
  11. Xavier Black

12. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I see they ditched the motorised popup camera of its predecessor, and gone back to a punch-hole in the display.

Looks very similar to the Oppo Find X2, but then all Oneplus are made by Oppo.

#12 mikedt, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  13. NightAngel79

Administrator

I well read the OP, still don't understand the context... so yea...
    The note 4 is better; not as good; note 4 is good enough you don't see the need to upgrade, or it is bad enough that of course you are getting the new OnePlus?

I literally just do not understand what it is you are trying to say
    huh? You are implying I'm trying to find a flaw? Is this a serious post? I'm even more confused now.

14. joe71

joe71 Android Expert

My wife got a note 2 after seeing the original note on some Korean drama, from what I understood is the first note didn't really sell well or really wasn't market in the states .
    She had her note 2 until the note 7 came outo_O
    Went back to the note 2 before switching over to some cheap prepaid budget Samsung device while she waited for the note 8 (which is her current phone)
    The note 2 became a gaming phone for our daughter and lasted until a year ago. So Galaxy notes are good devices in my book.

MrJavi and Xavier Black like this.
  15. joe71

joe71 Android Expert

As for the OnePlus 8, I have to say that in the last two years only three phones have peak my interest. The first was OnePlus 6T , the second was the note 10 and the third was the OnePlus 8.
    I know that when I get my pixel 3 paid off in a few months from now, I am going to moving on to something else which will either be Samsung Galaxy or Samsung note or possibly even the OnePlus 8.
    I have had to many problems with the pixel 3 :mad: and I have to say I wasn't impressed with the pixel 4 and from all the leaks it seems the pixel 5 isn't going to be much of upgrade.
    I also think that by having it available on the Verizon network will increase it's popularity.
    Next year though when the OnePlus 9 hits the market they need to have it available for all carriers I know that I am sick of my choices being limited to LG (which I won't buy) or the iPhone or a Samsung device:thinking:
    I want to be able to have choices, pixel,
    OnePlus HTC, ZTE, Sony, heck even a new and improved blackberry:D

MrJavi, Xavier Black and NightAngel79 like this.
  16. NightAngel79

Administrator

OnePlus continues to shake the game up. Needs to be widely available at carriers. Would love to see HTC compete again as well.

MrJavi and joe71 like this.
  17. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

On the other hand Apple just released a phone with flagship-level internals for half the price of the OnePlus 8 Pro.

We can now officially declare OnePlus's "flagship killer" slogan to have died of irony ;).

18. WeeWilly

WeeWilly Android Enthusiast

I'm an old guy, and the older I get the stupider I get. I usually buy the latest Samsung flagship, replace the Samsung apps with Google apps (although I can't figure out how to make Google messages the default), and then remember that I'm always happier with OnePlus phones. I did it again -- I bought the S20 Plus 5G and then OnePlus announced the 8 Pro, so I'll be selling my S20 Plus 5G on Swappa. I pre-ordered the OnePlus 8 Pro with 12 GB RAM + 256 GB Storage in UltraMarine Blue. Along with my pre-order I got OnePlus Bullets Wireless Earbuds and a OnePlus Warp Charge 30 WireLess Charger, both free. Apparently I was lucky to get my pre-order in early because I read that they sold out within 10 minutes.

Xavier Black and MrJavi like this.
  19. NightAngel79

Administrator

Hmm, I get prompted to make google messeges my default when I open it. Otherwise you can go to menu>settings>search 'default'>default apps>and change from there.

20. WeeWilly

WeeWilly Android Enthusiast

Sorry, I am using Google Messages as my default, I meant "contacts", not "messages".

21. NightAngel79

Administrator

You can change contacts to default in same window. But since you cannot change the phone dialer, changing that is less useful

MrJavi likes this.
  22. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

I've been a OP fan for a few years now, I have owned 2, and will most definitely get the 8, can't wait to get er and take er for a ride.

MrJavi likes this.
  23. Waraujo

Waraujo Lurker

For me it is a good phone, so, however I use another models

OnePlus 8 Pro Forum

The OnePlus 8 Pro release date was April 14th 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.78" inch screen, 48MP camera, 8/12GB RAM, Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4510mAh battery.

April 14th 2020
Release Date
Reviews