• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

In need of your help

Chula

Lurker
Sep 29, 2009
Hi guys Im a newbie here and I have some questions that I hope someone can answer for me I will really appreciated I just bought the G1 of my friend and I'm on att I was reading about an update called cupcake how can I get this on my phone can anybody walk me thru the steps can you go to a shop and have this done or if there r any other which one is the best one and last aftre doing all the updating can I still use the phone on Att

Hi chula and Welcome to AF forums! :D

I noticed your post hadn't been answered so I thought i'd lend a helping hand :)

First off check you have Cupcake on their :

Go to settings -> about phone -> Scroll down -> Look at the Firmware version -> It should say along the lines of 1.5

If it does say 1.5 it means you have Cupcake already! Now you just gotta wait for Donut 1.6 which should be delivered soon.

Carl C ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones