• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Install issue with ADB Interface

G

gambit101

Hey kiddos. Thanks to Tecnica for the easy to follow directions. My Moment is working perfectly EXCEPT I can't seem to get the ADB Interface installed properly so I can get up and running again with the SDK.

I'm running XP SP3 in case it makes a difference, but the driver install process is pretty much the same. I was sure to uninstall any leftover drivers before using the new set as well as poke around with USBDeview. The USB Modem and USB Composite install as expected, however the ADB Interface won't...it always has a nice yellow exclamation mark and is named 'S3C6410 Android ADB'. I end up with a "Fatal Error During Installation" after the system copies the drivers to system32 folder. Am I dealing with a hardware issue here? USB Debugging is enabled, the sdcard mounts fine in standard mode, and all that jazz. This seems to be the one thing I can't get working...after the 2.1 update of course. Heck, I've even tried different cords and usb ports on my poor motherboard.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Attachments

• detail_1.JPG
    detail_1.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 135
  • detail_2.JPG
    detail_2.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 113
I used to have wired tethering via azlink working, for about a week, on my work computer (WinXP). Just one day it decided to stop working, unable to connect. I recently decided to try again, so I could get ADB going, and no luck. I'm also getting the error installing 'S3C6410 Android ADB'. The same exact files work on my WinXP computer at home. It's very frustrating, especially since it did work for a while and no hardware or software updates/changes were made.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones