• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installing a Live Wallpaper not from Market

Hi, I was looking at a Samsung phone today that had a Live Wallpaper that I really liked. It's called Ocean Waves and it's like you are looking through water down into a sandy ocean floor. Nice reflecting light and ripple patterns. So I checked out the Market but I couldn't find it however did I did find it at another site and I was able to download it. The file is a Zip file which contains several folders and individual files. Could someone tell me how to install these files so that I can add this to my LiveWallpaper library? I have installed the Zip file in the download folder of my SD card. Thanks.

Thanks D3sRtH4mmR - Here where I'm getting confused. At the web-site where I found the file it said "click here to download the .apk file". At this point I was using my laptop so I downloaded the file to it's desktop. When the file came down it was not an apk file, but a Zip file. I expanded the zip file to a temp folder. At that point it created a folder called Assets and inside that folder are 5 other folders and 4 files. Nowhere can I find a file the apk extension. I did transfer both the original zip and unzipped asset folder to the download folder on my phones SD card but I can't seem to find a way to start an install dialog. I'm using Astro. Should I simply browse to the website using my phone and download it directly? BTW my phone is at 2.1 and it is rooted. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Well I guess I was making things more complicated then I needed to. I simply navigated to the web-site using my phones browser and downloaded it directly. After the download it immediately gave me an install dialog and it installed just fine. For some reason I assumed that I would have to download it to my laptop and install via PC Companion but that was not the case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones