• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Insurance question

GNS1310

Apr 11, 2010
Insurance Deductible $99.00

So I'm paying whatever for insurance on the phone and they also want me to cough up another hundred bucks to replace it?!? $6.99/month for insurance that I've NEVER used and they want another hundy? There's gotta be a way to get a replacement phone at no charge. I've been a customer for way...way too long and given them way too much money through the years.

Anyone cut themselves on a cracked screen? I swipe the 'spiderweb' every time I unlock my phone!

I have a friend who splintered his outer glass so badly that he risked cutting his finger open every time he used his phone. It can happen if the outer glass is busted. If you can't actually feel the cracks -- that is, if they're under the surface glass or if there is no protrusion -- you're considerably safer than my friend was, though broken glass isn't something to be taken lightly.

Now, with regard to your complaint, it's actually in the insurance agreement. You're essentially paying a fee every month for the ability to replace your phone at ~1/5 the cost. For non-smartphones, the fee is "only" $50. It's a harsh lesson to learn the first time around, but when it happened to me I considered it a lesson learned. Now whenever I am offered a deal that seems too good to be true, I automatically ask what additional fees there are ;)

Upvote 0
Well GNS1310
thing about the insurance is you can replace the device with another device of the same kind for free!

however, if there is any damage done to the device (IE: cracked screen, broken buttons, screen severely scratched, broken charge port) then you will have to use the Warranty or Insurance Replacment and have to pay the $99 to get it replaced. it sucks i know, but that is the nature of the beast.

any kind of software or handset defects, and there is no visible damage then you will not have to pay.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones