• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Danvdh ROMs

I just updated to 1/6 to see if it would work but it doesn't. No xposed or GravityBox so it might be a bug.

Impossible kingink65! :motz:

These releases are fully, thoroughly and comprehensively tested by some of the finest Android developers and testers that money can buy... as well as Hawker! ;)

I think Dan should have stuck to releasing once a fortnight instead of Nightly's as it would allow more testing time.

Upvote 0
1. I believe it's to do with the nav bar (back,home and menu keys that appear on screen for phones without the capacitive buttons that we have)

2.Not sure about the sounds as such, but just search in play store for cm11 themes and install them. Then in settings go to themes and you can update in the theme engine, it is a vast improvement over the old one I used hate my wall papers etc changing, but now I just deselect it :)

The old themes still work, you'll just see less options.It you can search"New cm11 theme engine" and you'll find the new ones with boot animations included :)

Clearly you have way too much cash dyno ;-) but good to have you back :p

Upvote 0
Clearly you have way too much cash dyno ;-) but good to have you back :p

Lol, lol if only. No, I have some spare cash after successfully (and easily) stopping a 20+ cigs a day addiction six weeks ago and counting, and I need a reward :) I am probably going to buy one outright and SIM free. Just so I can attemp bricking it with AOSP and the like. I may be certifiable to others but I know you lot understand :)

It will be unboxed to Knox tripped in less than 15 minutes.

Oh and as an added bonus I get my sisters Galaxy s3 at the end of this month when she upgrades (LG G3 - She is smitten).

Right, sorry. I'll stop posting off topic stuff now.

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0
Off topic stuff in this section of all things root, never =-O

Congratulations on stopping smoking though :) I tried the whole buying another phone to play around with ,galaxy y, and although it gave me more confidence in what I'd already done to my s2
, I just had no notion of actually using outside of that playing around and so it just sat there, meanwhile I continued to get my other phone updated constantly :)

Which is why I'm personally looking more towards the developer side of things, checked it out previously and although I find it incredibly hard, going try again.determined to create a theme and possibly my own cm rom eventually .... cm20 anyone? :p

Upvote 0
I coded my own, very buggy Zilog Z80 assembly language and pure hex machine code in the 1980s on a ZX 81 and a ZX Spectrum (ask your grandparents if they're old enough). I also got a far as downloading an SDK, Carbon (a Symbian theme maker) and having a go with Python. Not tried Android programing yet at all. I wouldn't know where to start. Running the odd script, I think I understand in terminal doesn't count. :)

Upvote 0
Anyone want to let a lazy git know how to get better battery stats working on this rom, or am I gonna have to actually read a thread properly for a change.......

Edit. Ok, that sounds quite rude......pretty please.....I can't find the solution to this anywhere!

Edit 2. Have installed apk from xda, ticked box in advanced to allow root features, keeps telling me to install as system app, when i do try this fails....

Upvote 0
I'd love to help you Syd but I stopped at the 5/29/2014 release because Xposed and GravityBox did not work for me after that. Am on Dan's Google Edition, 4.4.2, ROM in preparation for the 4.4.3 release.

What you need is someone closely connected to the CM ROM. With their finger on the pulse. With the knowledge and know-how of the latest releases... failing that, you could try asking Hawker.:pcguru:

Reactions: Sydney99
Upvote 0
Anyone want to let a lazy git know how to get better battery stats working on this rom, or am I gonna have to actually read a thread properly for a change.......

Edit. Ok, that sounds quite rude......pretty please.....I can't find the solution to this anywhere!

Edit 2. Have installed apk from xda, ticked box in advanced to allow root features, keeps telling me to install as system app, when i do try this fails....

I dont bother with that version. I stick to BBS 1.15. Works great.

But if you insist on using that version, then I would just manually copy it to /system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot.
If that still doesnt work, remove it from there and try putting it in /system/priv-app instead

Upvote 0
I dont bother with that version. I stick to BBS 1.15. Works great.

But if you insist on using that version, then I would just manually copy it to /system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot.
If that still doesnt work, remove it from there and try putting it in /system/priv-app instead

You're right, again! 1.15 works perfectly.

Upvote 0
Just a heads up to say that I thought I'd try xposed and gravity box again as I tried out the smart radio feature earlier on the ge back up I had.... it seems to work ok on 6/1.....

Thought the rusty one might like to know ;-)

My main problem was with the long press on the Home key and Voice Search, which just kept, "Initialising".

I expect a dan 4.4.3 GE release some time today folks.
:)

:party:

"Some time"! Could you narrow that down to pre or post pub opening hours?

I guess we are assuming that Dan can get his hands on a compatible custom kernel, (or that KT 5/28/2014 works with it), and that the 4.4.2 modems will work with it as the stock firmware comes with an AT&T modem.

Hopefully, we will be able to get our hands on the stock Google Play firmware and flash that as it should come with a new, updated, unlocked and un-Knox'd bootloader. ;)

I think I might be getting a tad excited! :D

EDIT I wonder if Xposed and GravityBox will be compatible with this new release.

Upvote 0
My main problem was with the long press on the Home key and Voice Search, which just kept, "Initialising".

I guess we are assuming that Dan can get his hands on a compatible custom kernel, (or that KT 5/28/2014 works with it), and that the 4.4.2 modems will work with it as the stock firmware comes with an AT&T modem.

Hopefully, we will be able to get our hands on the stock Google Play firmware and flash that as it should come with a new, updated, unlocked and un-Knox'd bootloader. ;)

EDIT I wonder if Xposed and GravityBox will be compatible with this new release.

You need to remove velvet.apk from gapps before installing, then install google search from the play store after you have booted up the rom

He is currently uploading 4.4.3 GPE now.
By the way, your GE bootloader theory is a brick wall literally, as it would brick our devices.
This update is pure rom stuff, so modems etc remain untouched. even the current KT+faux kernels will run this

Are you chief tester for his ge rom, or will you be sticking to cm?

Is 4.4.3 cm version likely to be along shortly after?

Not sure I'd want to leave this current cm rom, it's too damn good!

I would hardly describe myself as chief tester syd.
I went back onto GE a day or 2 ago to test faux kernel, which I am finding to be superb.
No idea as for the CM update. Dans not even looked as he as been working constantly on this GE 4.4.3 release.

Upvote 0

You impatient so and so......it's uploading now, so you can get it on your phone pre pub, and then report back to the rest of us so we know whether it's worth trying......

Upvote 0
You impatient so and so......it's uploading now, so you can get it on your phone pre pub, and then report back to the rest of us so we know whether it's worth trying......

What... pre pub! So I can have it before lunchtime? ;)

Currently downloading Dan's 4.4.3 GPE ROM
I'll let you know how I get on again.....

We have a name for girls around here, who behave like you... "p***k teasers!"

I haven't been this excited since Hawker offered to buy me a drink... before realising he'd left his wallet at home! ;)

UPDATE Installing now!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones