• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] Stock Launcher Options

I was telling another member last night how surreal this feels because the whole time on my DX Devs tried making as good of an AOSP rom as they could and most of them were good but now i have a device that is 100% no questions asked PURE AOSP and i'm going to leave it like that for a while. I'm going to use the native apps for a while before i start swapping them out even the launcher dock lol

Upvote 0
I was telling another member last night how surreal this feels because the whole time on my DX Devs tried making as good of an AOSP rom as they could and most of them were good but now i have a device that is 100% no questions asked PURE AOSP and i'm going to leave it like that for a while. I'm going to use the native apps for a while before i start swapping them out even the launcher dock lol

Well, this is pretty much stock. It's just changing the number of home screens and removing the permanent search widget.

Upvote 0
The screen feels really cramped to me with the two rows of soft buttons and the google bar on top, which we know can be removed but just leaves you empty space you can't do anything with. Side by side with my Droid X there is actually LESS screen real estate. Crazy. I gotta try this XDA thing out because I ain't keeping the phone with so much wasted space.

Upvote 0

Agreed. I had ROM'd my DX to a nearly AOSP experience. It's nice to open up the phone stock and have a 100% AOSP right out of the box. I'm not even rooting yet.....and that's unheard of for me. It's usually job #1 when I get a new phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones