• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Rooted my S3 now it's dead....

No offence n i dont mean any harm n if i could help i would but.........
Check out the thread title n imagine it as a Jeremy Kyle guests headline lol :)

PMSL!

By the way, and I don't know how I did it... The firmware I now have has loads of Vodafone bloatware in it. So I MAY be going down the custom ROM route after all...

any recommendations on a decent tutorial?

Upvote 0
I am glad I found this thread. This exact thing happened to me today. After Odin, all I got on boot was a black screen and a blue light. Battery pulls allowed me to get back in download mode but even after reflashing I could not get the thing to work. I took it back to the store and told them the Jellybean update broke it. AT&T. I just bought it yesterday and the same sales lady was there. She gave me a new one.

I think maybe I should have looked harder for an original factory ROM when I was trying to resolve this. Were you able to root correctly after you fixed it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones