• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I exited download mode using SamFW FRP Tool in my Samsung A51. Now it's a black screen. Not being detected by PC!

nocrap

Lurker
Aug 7, 2023
I was stuck in the download Mode in my A51. Using SamFW FRP tool 3.31 i exit the download mode. Now only the blue screen pops. When I click the volume up to enter download mode it goes to a black screen mode and nothing appears in my PC. How can i fix this?

Screenshot 2023-08-08 035406.png
6xvj4bqhbnq71.jpg

When i click volume up it goes to a black screen.

No idea what this "SamFw FRP Tool" is, but has your phone is now stating "custom OS", my guess it attempted to root and modify your phone's firmware, and in doing so has corrupted it rendering it unusable.

You may need to re-install the correct Samsung firmware for your device.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
what is your phone's exact model number?

if you can get to download mode and you have usb debugging turned before your issue, you might be able to flash a firmware update from Download firmware updates for your Samsung mobile phone and tablet. just make sure that you have the correct firmware. the wrong one could screw up your phone as well. but this is only if you can get to download mode. if you can't then you might have just bricked the phone. you might want to contact the devs behiind the tool you just used and see if they have any kind of support.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
i know nothing as far as samfw-frp-tool. why did you have to use it in the first place. what happened initially to the phone?
I was facing "Stuck at boot logo" issue. Tried to flash with the stock firmware. But I didn't know the FRP lock has to be turned off before flashing a rom. So I tried to exit "custom os download screen" forcefully using the SamFW FRP tool.

Upvote 0
No idea what this "SamFw FRP Tool" is, but has your phone is now stating "custom OS", my guess it attempted to root and modify your phone's firmware, and in doing so has corrupted it rendering it unusable.

You may need to re-install the correct Samsung firmware for your device.
I was facing "Stuck at boot logo" issue. Tried to flash with the correct stock firmware based on binary and region. But I didn't know the FRP lock has to be turned off before flashing a rom. So I tried to exit "custom os download screen" forcefully using the SamFW FRP tool.

Upvote 0
what is your phone's exact model number?

if you can get to download mode and you have usb debugging turned before your issue, you might be able to flash a firmware update from Download firmware updates for your Samsung mobile phone and tablet. just make sure that you have the correct firmware. the wrong one could screw up your phone as well. but this is only if you can get to download mode. if you can't then you might have just bricked the phone. you might want to contact the devs behiind the tool you just used and see if they have any kind of support.
It's a Samsung A51. Tried to flash with the correct stock firmware based on binary and region. But I didn't know the FRP lock has to be turned off before flashing a rom. So I tried to exit "custom os download screen" forcefully using the SamFW FRP tool 3.31. The option is not available in the latest version of the tool. Now I'm unable to go back to the download screen again. It's just the blue warning screen after holding "volume up+volume down+Connect PC with the USB". Whenever I click the volume up to move next to the download screen it turns into a dead black screen. The phone is not being showed up neither in the pc Devices>USB Devices nor in the odin or any other tools.

Upvote 0
It's a Samsung A51. Tried to flash with the correct stock firmware based on binary and region. But I didn't know the FRP lock has to be turned off before flashing a rom. So I tried to exit "custom os download screen" forcefully using the SamFW FRP tool 3.31. The option is not available in the latest version of the tool. Now I'm unable to go back to the download screen again. It's just the blue warning screen after holding "volume up+volume down+Connect PC with the USB". Whenever I click the volume up to move next to the download screen it turns into a dead black screen. The phone is not being showed up neither in the pc Devices>USB Devices nor in the odin or any other tools.
well with odin the phone needs to have usn debugging enabled. if that is not enabled, then you can't use odin. it sounds like the phone is truly bricked. you might want to see if a repair shop might be able to salvage it, but i have my doubts......sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones